General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Follow up on Injector change on '06 Low

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up on Injector change on '06 Low

Well, it has been over two weeks now since Renegade Harley Davidson in Alexandria graciously changed out the injectors from the 8 degree to the 25 degree injectors on my 2006 Low Rider. It has started first time every time whether hot or cold. There have been absolutely no "cough stumble" events taking place at intersections whether the engine was hot or cold. The bike runs beautifully smooth and I am pleased as punch.
Now why couldn't the other two dealers I talked to and told them that I had a copy of the TSB concerning this issue taken care of this cheerfully and willingly without much argument? It amazes me that I had to call three dealers to get one that had absolutely no problem changing out those injectors that the MOCO recommended for the problems that I was having on my bike.
Renegade Harley Davidson has gone a long way in restoring the faith that there are dealers that are in favor of traditional customer satisfaction associated with the old ways of Harley Davidson.
I am grateful for them and Chris and Robert the service managers that I dealt with.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:52 AM
marcss
Road Captain
Default RE: Follow up on Injector change on '06 Low

Somewhere in the bulletine, in small print, HD asks their dealers to check for non-stock a/c or pipes. Out #1. Blame it on bad gas: low octane, etc., etc. Any excuse possible to save money and not take any blame. I was told over the phone that if they couldn't make my '06 Dyna run bad while they test drove it, they couldn't fix it. That was a problem because my bike stumbled and coughed like crazy on start up about 70% of the time. I was worried. I was going to take it in for the 5k service but told them that if they didn't change out the injectors I'd get my servicing done somewhere that would. But what convinced them was my description of riding over there and nearly getting killed because my bike kept stalling and sputtering. I had to "putt" along the side of the rode for about 15 minutes before it starting running just o.k. First they told me it was normal to run that way when cold.... yeah right. But then I think they saw "lawsuit coming" when I described how "dangerous" it was to ride like that. They didn't even test ride it. I talked to the service manager, and he was cool- no hassle at all. Runs great now. They had to do a download also.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tbone52,

Glad you finally got your injectors fixed.

I have about 1k on mine since the change and haven't had the first stumble or hard starting.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
alabama1
Tourer

some dealers jus make you want to [sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]them.