General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Custom Dynamics Bullet Ringz

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
Ordered yesterday and got my VIP discount on top of the price being the same. So, saved money buying from Harley......WTF? I love this country!
You saved money buying from the stealer?!?! WTF !! Lolol. That rarely happens.

I'm doing the same thing lol. Using my MVP discount with the stealer to get some dough off the price.

Do any of you guys know if on an 08 Rocker I'm gonna need a load equalizer for front turn signals? Im thinking no because the tail lights on the rockers are LED stock. BUT the stock front turn signals where regular bulbs. Thats throwing me off.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 341 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
This is what the ring array actually looks like. White is running lights mode of course, and amber when you hit the turn siggy.

I bought these at Biketoberfest in Daytona. I put on the front only, thus, I didn't need a load capacitor. Nice safety addition and they look great!

Old 12-06-2014, 03:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,272 Likes on 2,492 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Do any of you guys know if on an 08 Rocker I'm gonna need a load equalizer for front turn signals? Im thinking no because the tail lights on the rockers are LED stock. BUT the stock front turn signals where regular bulbs. Thats throwing me off.
thats the same way my cvo came. leds in the back, regular incandescents in the front. and i did need a load equalizer.

check with pcpain here on the forum about getting the cd stuff. i got $10 off the dynamic ringz buying through him instead of cd.

jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com

Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

So I will need one. Thanks for the info. The more I thought about it the more I figured I would need it. Gotta see how much the equalizer is and which one to use. Custom Dynamic sells a ton of them on their site.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Taz_FL
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Not the same things. Those are Dynamic Ringz. These are a new product from CD. it is a whole chrome bezel with LEDs built into the bezel.

I saw these during biketoberfest and they are really nice, I want to get some for my roadglide

Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 445 Posts

Mine are in today. Going to the dealer to pick them up, moving the TV to the garage and planning on installing while I watch SOA...LOL. That is bike **** there....

Old 12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Lolol. Good for you man. I've gotten sidetracked with this dash project of mine. I'm gonna put off the turn signals until I get that squared away.

I'm also a little weary of having to install that load equalizer on the bike's harness.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:38 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

You saved money buying from the stealer?!?! WTF !! Lolol. That rarely happens.

I'm doing the same thing lol. Using my MVP discount with the stealer to get some dough off the price.

Ha ha...so glad I read this thread! I was reading a thread over in the Softail forums last night praising CD, so I checked out their stuff, and started thinking bullet rings would be a nice addition. Was thinking about ordering them... and now I find out they are in the Drag Specialties catalog. And my local dealer has a 20% off for MVP event this Friday...

Guess I'm gonna have to hide the credit card bill from the wife for another month...

Old 12-10-2014, 07:49 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Lolol. Good for you man. I've gotten sidetracked with this dash project of mine. I'm gonna put off the turn signals until I get that squared away.

I'm also a little weary of having to install that load equalizer on the bike's harness.
Some of the newer models don't need a load equalizer, luckily mine is one of them. Got the TriBar and blinkers installed. The fronts dont' put out a ton of light for riding but they do put more out than the blinker and the turn signal contrast much better and is about 5x brighter than the stock. I love the TriBar brake light function, now when the brakes are applied it's way bright. No chance of missing this at night or in the day.

Now I need an LED headlight.

Attached Thumbnails New Custom Dynamics Bullet Ringz-1209141958b-1-.jpg  
Old 12-10-2014, 07:53 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Ha ha...so glad I read this thread! I was reading a thread over in the Softail forums last night praising CD, so I checked out their stuff, and started thinking bullet rings would be a nice addition. Was thinking about ordering them... and now I find out they are in the Drag Specialties catalog. And my local dealer has a 20% off for MVP event this Friday...

Guess I'm gonna have to hide the credit card bill from the wife for another month...
Yep, it was luck that I found out about it but glad I can share my accidental knowledge. If they don't have it in the catalog they can cross reference the CD part number. They did it for mine.

Quick Reply: New Custom Dynamics Bullet Ringz