General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need to remember sometimes that we influence people

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 AM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts
Default RE: We need to remember sometimes that we influence people

ORIGINAL: O6FXST

Its pretty disgusting how quick some of the posters here go into cowardly "political correct" mode and start talking smack about otherHD riders and siding with the lady with the bad attitude and how we need to not "offend" anyone as they could be the squeaky wheel. What aload of B.S.

I would have told the old bag to stuff it, I don't want to hear it.

If you are concerned about "offending" someone, maybe you are riding the wrong kind of bike,ride a honda or something that is nice and quiet and bland and well...you know, something that is not "offensive".

I don't mind offendingcagers, they offend me all the time. If they don't like it..too bad.

Rick

"Before therapy I was a raging a$$hole, but now I am comfortablewith it".
Stuff it. I don't want to hear it.

That should make you feel better. It made ME feel better.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

The unfortunate fact about this is that majority seems to rule.

This is the attitude that lets them change the laws, if Texas bikers had this attitude we would still be wearin helmets. Once upon a time we had a helmet law in Texas then a minority of Texas road users (the bikers) got together and got it changed.

I just went through crap with the State of Texas when we fought to keep Texas navigable water ways open to wheeled motorized vehicles because in south Texas the river beds dry up and the water moves through the gravel so you may have to drive up or down river to get to the swimming hole. We lost, only because we couldn't get enough people to show up so we would out number those who wanted the river closed only about 50 people.

I would also like to state to those that live in Texas that were not here when we had the helmet law, also for those that think the outlaw clubs are nothing but a bunch of criminals.

The Banditos are why you don't have to wear a helmet they all showed up time and time and time again at the Capitol and got the law changed

Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole thing pissed me off...If you were driving a car and two idiots in cars pulled up next to you, the lady wouldn't have asked you if you were driving with them. She automatically assumed that because you were on a bike, you must have been with them![:@][:@][:@]

Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ratbasturd
The Banditos are why you don't have to wear a helmet they all showed up time and time and time again at the Capitol and got the law changed
Exactly right. It's kind of funny how the 1% group is regarded not only amongst the general public, but even to those who ride in turn. A classmate of mine - since like the 3rd grade through high school - is a full patch holder; has been for years. Yeah, he's hard core. But if he weren't wearing his colors/rocker, and you by chance happened upon him in a non-biker type setting, you'd find him to be no different than most any other guy out there going about his daily life.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Problems are everywhere and there is really no easy solution.

I believe penalites should be based off of YOUR income. Someone that makes $100,000 per year and gets a $500 ticket. Big deal...this guy makes big bucks. Someone that makes $25,000 and gets the $500 ticket.....Who is this $500 ticket going to effect the most?

Furthermore...some penalities should get fine and jail time. Possibly even public service as well.

Long story short...if one causes wreck and serious injury or death has resulted. And if cell phone usage, alcohol involvement, driving too fast, driving too slow, following too closely, not paying attention, vehicle is not roadworthy....anything like that was involved. This excludes vehicle malfunction such as brakes though. It would be mandated you have jail time and a LARGE fine. You accidentally killed someone innocent, therefore you accidentally get to spend life in prison.

The population will ONLY increase....and the problems will only escalate. The problems will not go away and we do not need to look the other way. Something should be done and regulating vehicles are not the answer. It is not the vehicle at fault...it is the individual.