Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led lights got me a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Led lights got me a ticket

I agree sldavis, no quota's by me either... I have also never looked for out of staters. As far as the lights go or exhaust go, I would say that 90% of my Dept, would never write a biker. Most of us are bikers and just want to look at the bike and check it out! As far as that goes, but just like everything, if you try to attract attention to yourself more than likely you will get the attention that you asked for!
Also remember you were at Bike week, there are a bunch of problems there and they are trying to cut down on the problems, and I agree the one cop that wrote you a ticket cannot catch everybody, and he chose you. I would just pay the ticket and do what you must. Either change out the lights or keep running them, I dont think you would have a problem with them in your home state, but anytime there is a hundred or so bikes you muight get selected to be the lucky winner of another ticket!

Just my .02 at least you got to cruise where it is warm out, its still a lil chilly for a long cruise.

RJ

Old 05-05-2008, 08:56 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

Most states now, are on an interstate compact agreement. Fail to pay a ticket in another state, and your HOME state will suspend your driver's license.
Sounds like a way to bypass soveriengty to me. Perhaps one day a cop from one state will be able to patrol in the state next door, you know, just because.
You couldn't be more wrong. Used to be out of staters would never pay their fines or show up in court, with little recourse to the state unless that individual got caught there again. So then the states started requiring out of state violators to post bond before they could leave, which resulted in traffic violators who didn't have the money to post being detained. The Compact Agreement solved both of these problems quite nicely. No you get your ticket and on your way, and if you don't take care of it the state has a way to come after you. Works for both sides.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Not saying anything personal, but it doesn't take the brightest bulb in the pack to figure out its not gonna be legal to run red (other than tail) or blue lights on a moving vehicle.

Deep down, I think you knew it was wrong but figured nobody cared. Someone did though. Good deal on the internet discount though.

I can't to see your 2nd post.