General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's See Your Cut...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
I noticed those too on Chicken's vest. But he is such a cool guy to me and everyone else here that I'm willing to chalk that up to his past and a different time in his life.
and that demonstrates how PC and thin skinned we've become over nothing.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
I noticed those too on Chicken's vest. But he is such a cool guy to me and everyone else here that I'm willing to chalk that up to his past and a different time in his life.
I'm sure he's not looking for your pardon.

Most of the original 1% clubs were formed by veterans returning from WWII. Many brought back souvenirs. As an F-U to society (I think Sonny Barger once said it was like raising the middle finger to "normal" people) many wore the **** symbols on jackets and cuts precisely because they knew it made people uncomfortable. I seriously doubt that Chicken ever considered himself a ****. But he is unlikely to explain it to you. And he doesn't need to.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:04 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Actually, TKD, chicken has already mentioned in other threads why he wore those symbols.

So nice try.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:34 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

About the **** symbols on my vest, which I missed most of that discussion...no I was never a **** or in any hate group. I have always liked WW2 medals, flags and helmets, which I had a few of.

Back in my club days, we did anything and everything to **** off, disgust and irritate the "citizens". The way we looked, smelled and what we wore. The more they hated it, the more we did, no matter what it was. I know of one member that I don't think ever bathed. I only bathed once a week myself.

But that was 40 years ago. If you met me now, you'd never know I was that person then.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,396 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
About the **** symbols on my vest, which I missed most of that discussion...no I was never a **** or in any hate group. I have always liked WW2 medals, flags and helmets, which I had a few of.

Back in my club days, we did anything and everything to **** off, disgust and irritate the "citizens". The way we looked, smelled and what we wore. The more they hated it, the more we did, no matter what it was. I know of one member that I don't think ever bathed. I only bathed once a week myself.

But that was 40 years ago. If you met me now, you'd never know I was that person then.
Very well stated. Thank you and all the vets for your service to our country. Ya'll have earned the right to wear what ever you want. And. Guaranteed that right to all.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:24 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain

That can be said about most of us in our age bracket. That was a different time.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:23 PM
ahle926
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC0311
My Espinozas cut:

My HD vest:

From one Marine to another, wear what you want Devil Dog! You earned that right. Thank you for your service. Semper Fi!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:36 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I'll play.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:45 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a problem with what I choose to have on my cut? I served in the US Marine Corps for eight years as an infantryman, I believe I have earned the right to put whatever I want on my property. As you can see the U.S. Flag is right where it should be, near my heart. I'm very proud of my Mexican heritage so I'll display it with pride as well. If that's a source of grief for you or anyone else then I just feel sorry for you.
Very well said, and thank you for your service brother. Ride safe!

Originally Posted by Freebee
Definitely NOT a source of "Grief" for me.... You can fly whatever flag you like (We all have that freedom) ...I asked, because I rarely see anything other than a U.S. or State flag on VETS vests over here in Texas.
Thanks for your service..
Well replied, kudos. Really thought you were taking it somewhere else.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:18 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Do you have a problem with what I choose to have on my cut? I served in the US Marine Corps for eight years as an infantryman, I believe I have earned the right to put whatever I want on my property. As you can see the U.S. Flag is right where it should be, near my heart. I'm very proud of my Mexican heritage so I'll display it with pride as well. If that's a source of grief for you or anyone else then I just feel sorry for you.
Not to down play your past, what you've done or where you're from...military, draft dodger, rich guy or homeless...where what the heck you want. It's your vest, just like it's your bike, add to it or paint it whatever.

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Cut...