General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider to Rider Financing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Do you know if HD is providing this service free of charge to you, or do they take some % of the transaction for hooking you up with a buyer?

Or perhaps the buyer is getting charged "a little more" for using this method?

I'm not 100% sure how that works....I'll find out if someone needs financing I suppose.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:55 PM
jimmymiko
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked about fees and I was told there are none. Right now they are offering $200 in dealer credit to put towards anything you want.

I am not finding any interest rates posted on the Internet from Eaglemark savings bank which is the "Harley" Bank, this make me a little sceptical.

Of course I have read horror stories about Harley Financing and crooked dealers. I was looking for some positive feedback on the forum.

The reason I am considering is because the Harley Dealer does all of the owner transfers (Title, Warranty if any, and make sure the guy/gal you buy the bike from pays off his/her loan to release the title) The dealer also does a complete maintenance check on the bike. I'm sure it depends on the dealer and how good the check is.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
I'll let you know, I'm getting ready to sell an '04 Heritage with 22,000 miles on it and I'm going to advertise it with "Financing Available" and offer the Harley credit deal to interested parties.

We'll see how it goes.
Thanks I am curious now how they actually work particularly the extended warranty bit .

Old 06-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Thanks I am curious now how they actually work particularly the extended warranty bit .

The extended warranty is the same extended warranty they would sell you with any used bike....I don't ever buy them because I prefer to do all of my repairs myself.
I don't trust the hacks at the dealerships to turn wrenches on my motorcycles.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Smack Tapolis
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmymiko
Anybody have any experience with the Harley Rider to Rider Financing program. I am about to buy a bike in a private sale and was looking at this as an option.

Thoughts, comments?
I know this is an old thread, but since I came across it through a Google search I thought I would leave my very recent experience.

I found a 2014 Iron 883 with less than a thousand miles on it, the seller agreed to sell it to me for his payoff, which is $6300. Quite a good deal I think.

I have bad credit, 613 to be exact, but applied for the rider to rider financing online just for the heck of it. I was told by the dealer when they called me the next morning that there is a $500 fee to the seller to run a full inspection on the bike and for pricing; basically this is how the dealership makes their money, according to the dealer at least. Sounds reasonable to me as I sold cars and was wondering how the dealership made anything on this.

Anyways, they said they could add the $500 into the deal in order to reimburse the seller. I was okay with that. They also made it clear they could run the loan and we could work out terms before the inspection. I'm assuming they would just do the inspection without actually charging the seller of I agreed on terms, but I didn't ask.

They approved me, with my bad credit and only 5 months on the job, but there were since stipulations. Had to prove that I had been working continuously for at least 6 months even if on multiple jobs, which I could do, prove residence, and show proof of income at my stated $42k per year.

On top of those, which are pretty standard, they wanted $700 down. The deal was 21.4% interest at 72 months which came to $167 per month.

With my bad credit, I was actually okay with the payments, but not the down. For starters, I'm just too tapped out right now with three trips in the past month, camping coming up, another family trip next month before school, school supplies/clothes, etc. Second, the bike is about $1300 under retail value, so I don't see the need for the down on this.

I'm going to decline the deal, maybe they'll back off on the down, I know when I sold cars many times we said we needed a down when in fact we didn't but wanted it to increase profit margin.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Smack Tapolis
I know this is an old thread, but since I came across it through a Google search I thought I would leave my very recent experience.

I found a 2014 Iron 883 with less than a thousand miles on it, the seller agreed to sell it to me for his payoff, which is $6300. Quite a good deal I think.

I have bad credit, 613 to be exact, but applied for the rider to rider financing online just for the heck of it. I was told by the dealer when they called me the next morning that there is a $500 fee to the seller to run a full inspection on the bike and for pricing; basically this is how the dealership makes their money, according to the dealer at least. Sounds reasonable to me as I sold cars and was wondering how the dealership made anything on this.

Anyways, they said they could add the $500 into the deal in order to reimburse the seller. I was okay with that. They also made it clear they could run the loan and we could work out terms before the inspection. I'm assuming they would just do the inspection without actually charging the seller of I agreed on terms, but I didn't ask.

They approved me, with my bad credit and only 5 months on the job, but there were since stipulations. Had to prove that I had been working continuously for at least 6 months even if on multiple jobs, which I could do, prove residence, and show proof of income at my stated $42k per year.

On top of those, which are pretty standard, they wanted $700 down. The deal was 21.4% interest at 72 months which came to $167 per month.

With my bad credit, I was actually okay with the payments, but not the down. For starters, I'm just too tapped out right now with three trips in the past month, camping coming up, another family trip next month before school, school supplies/clothes, etc. Second, the bike is about $1300 under retail value, so I don't see the need for the down on this.

I'm going to decline the deal, maybe they'll back off on the down, I know when I sold cars many times we said we needed a down when in fact we didn't but wanted it to increase profit margin.
Just so you know and if you really want the bike they will let you put the down payment on a credit card!

Old 07-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I just sold a 883 Iron this morning through the Rider to Rider program. There was no mark up to the buyer, there was a 299 "admin" fee that he had to pay. The transaction took less than an hour. I would do it again with no hesitation.

I wasn't offered the $200 in store credit though.

By the way...I searched for this post instead of starting a new one so that Tampa Fat **** will shut his yap...

Last edited by Coolaid; 07-25-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: I wanted to
The following users liked this post:
load97 (10-23-2020)
Old 07-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Johnnyh14
Road Warrior
Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

The financing works out great. It is provided by a bank in Nevada. The rate was 7.0 when I used it. You have the options of mailing, or transfering the payments. People are very nice. HD gets the plates and inspection for you included in the dealer fee. It's not a ripoff and actually makes the approval fly through. I had approval 30 seconds after info faxed.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Knutson Boltz
Banned
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Like rent a cop security guards, this forum has its tampa fatboys but the fatboys work for free.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutson Boltz
Like rent a cop security guards, this forum has its tampa fatboys but the fatboys work for free.

Quick Reply: Rider to Rider Financing?