Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denny's Resturants

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Anniesage
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Denny's Resturants

wow, I can't believe that stuff still happens. But, that is the power of the internet - jump on, click, write and send away. I am sure corporate would love to hear about your experience. Personally, have had a few bad experiences with that chain, and no longer frequent it.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:19 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lovetoride

I can't believe this kind of crap still happens. Let us know what their reply is...

Ryan
And here I thought this kind of bull s**t was behind us, we used to have this kind of thing happen to us year's ago but I haven't seen it for some time now. One thing we used to do when found a place that wouldnt serve one or two of us was to go back later with as many as we could get together and the ones that had problems with them originally right up front. Every one was always on there best behavior then we would go in sit down and order a cup of coffee or glass of water, we would pay and then leave a penny for a tip. It was sort of fun to see the looks on there faces when they realized that ones that they gave a rough time before had come back with a few friends. Some times there might only be 4 or 5 bikes but there were a couple of times that we had between 15 and 20 bikes, it does get them wondering if they should maybe rethink there attitudes about customer service and bikers when 30 or 40 come walking in and only leave a penny for a tip.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Bill,

I had a similar experience with Denny's in 1968 only that was in my bikie (bicycle) days. We only eat there now out of desperation which amounts to about 2-3 times in the last 37 years.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:43 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

hey bill,

just so you know dennys made the papers here in fla. about a month ago they refused to serve some eastern indian patrons. they called them ben-laddins and kicked them out. ended up they were businessmen on a trip and they are sueing dennys right now...dont know the outcome as of yet. people are stupid....and really bill dennys (yuk) their food sucks....lol

Old 09-07-2005, 05:55 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Do you have to pass a red-neck test to own or manage a Denny's? East Indian (Hindu or Brahman) head wraps are very different from Islamic or Aribic.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:01 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

my friend you might have done your self a favor by walking out iwas in dennys back in april in K.C for breakfast before the easyrider bike show and when we got there we spent a good half hour in the crapper.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:08 AM
vette5050
Advanced

Geez Man .......were you guys naked or something?!?!?!?
I can't imagine in 2005 not getting served because you were on a Bike.......that's just plain BS[:'(][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=boosign.gif]
I know I'll never frequent a Dennys now....and I'll be sure to tell everyone I work with how they treated you.

JERKS!

Old 09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
jcc/tx
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While there is NO excuse for the way you were treated I am not sure it is fair to brand all the resturaunts with a Denny's sign the same way. I've never had a bad experience at a Denny's and love the "Grand Slam" menu. Hope you never have another experience like that at any other service provider.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:00 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I am not trying to brand all Denny's, I have been at others with no problem. This particular one was as problem, and I would suggest that it be avoided if you are in the Flagstaff area and have an inclination to eat there.

From reading some of the other posts here however, it seems that Denny's has developed a reputation for predujiced conduct where customer service is concerned.

Regards,

Bill

Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems that Denny's has a long history of getting themselves into trouble, and have spent a lot of money in court! Too bad, I remember when they just a little dounut shop in Lakewood, Californiia.

http://instruction.bus.wisc.edu/obwe.../dennysgbu.htm

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I am not trying to brand all Denny's, I have been at others with no problem. This particular one was as problem, and I would suggest that it be avoided if you are in the Flagstaff area and have an inclination to eat there.

From reading some of the other posts here however, it seems that Denny's has developed a reputation for predujiced conduct where customer service is concerned.

Regards,

Bill

Quick Reply: Denny's Resturants