General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tatoos

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tatoos

I have a few, no names. Just got one on my back and now going for a sleeve or two. I also know the tattoo artist, a friend of my Sons, Mine are free also..........

Old 04-02-2007, 10:40 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: balley

I have a few, nine, no names. Just got one on my back and now going for a sleeve or two. I also know the tattoo artist, a friend of my Sons, Mine are free also..........

Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got several . And love the ones I have !
My step Daughter gave me A few $$ for Christmas and said to put that to your next Tat !
I thought of doing the kids names .
In capitols are mine , Lower Case are step kids
Jack jr. Christina . Tara . Mary , joseph, elizabeth ,alex
So that aint happening !

Jack

Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Lisaaahhh
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: akenaten

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

Good idea Heather! You can't dump your kids!! I love my girls!
I have always thought your kids are the only names you should have tatood. They are yours forever....no matter what! And that way you always have them with you.
Or have a symbol(s) that represent your children. Be creative....
Exactly, you guys! HC, I've told both my kids -especially my future wild *** daughter - that the ONLY names you put on your body are those of your children. I'm getting my two old tats (non-name tats) covered up with something cool & beautiful. On my neck & my hip, getting several stargazer lillies (daughter's name is Lily) and both my kids' names worked into the greenery/arsty-tribal sort of vine work.
And also, in addition, a verse of poetry on the top of my foot for my son.
Still fussy about concealing most tats... don't want to wear an evening dress (or wedding gown) somewhere with a big ol' tribal down my arm or leg, ya know? (That's just me, though....)

Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 PM
IronHorse66
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: chicksryd2

I had wanted a Harley tat, but promised myself I couldn't get it until I actually rode my own bike. So, about a year after reaching that goal andgetting my Sporty, I drew up a bar & shield design which incorporated plumerias (flowersI love and which also represent Hawaii, where I was born)and got it put on my lower back.

It's not EXACTLY what I wanted, and I'm thinking I'm going to do a little more work on it to really make it pop.

I think the bottom line is that your tats have to represent you in some way. And that part of you had best be damn important, because you'll be reminded every time you see that ink!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26166/987B27A79E524F04B5BCA2C33EA76B24.jpg[/IMG]
Great thread and great point made above. In my opinion, a tattoo should represent your core identity. That is, the titles we give ourselves. In my case, that would be - in order of precedence - Father, Husband, Soldier. I have come to these identities after alot of years and would not have used any of them to define me twenty years ago. That is one of the reasons I have waited until now to get one. Long story, but I used to design tattoos when I was a soldier stationed in Germany in the eighties. Because of my graphic arts background, I forever had guys coming to me to design tats for them, which they would take downtown and have done. I decided to make alittle money at it and worked out a deal with the artist they were all going to. Made a decent chunk of change. (Blew it on wine, women and song...) What it did to me, however, was to make me jaded about getting my own. I knew that, when I finally did commit to getting one, I wanted it to be something utterly unique and that it needed to represent my identity - and no one elses. In light of this conclusion, I think it is very logical that many folks should be waiting until they are alittle older and wiser to get one. Tattoos have been a traditional aspect of many cultures and I don't believe there is any shame in getting one. I just think that they have greater meaning when they represent the identity you have created for yourself after much living and contemplation. I love the story, earlier in the thread, about the tattoo inspired by injury and a love for the gift of life. Experiences - bad, or good - are the things which form us.
As for myself. I think I have settled on a right shoulder tattoo which will comemorate my military service (I'll be designing that one while I am here in Afghanistan.) and I have plans for the insides of my forearms which I will keep a proprietary secret until I get em' and can show them off on here!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Whatever you get, make damned sure you can live with it. I got my first (and only) about 10 years ago. Make sure whoever does it knows what they're doing. Tattoos are a big case of "you get what you pay for". I got a tat' of Clint Eastwood on my arm. Had it actually turned out looking like the picture I used as the artist's template, I'd have loved it. However it looks like crap. It is so big that I can't think of anything I can use to cover it up (although I've considered the HD logo, but a BIG one...LOL), and understand the cost of lasering them off is exorbitant. I have to agree with Heather C...can't go wrong getting your kid's names tattooed on.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:59 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the only one I have.

Regards.

Mimo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15316/1AAD180CE34F452A884BA27F4B2E3D6A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 01:01 AM
tireater
Banned

PLEASE - no company logos in tats...

Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well. I figure you can't fire your kids, so I'm thinking within the next week or 2. Nobody should never ever do wives, husbands or g/f, b/f.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 AM
jose409
Cruiser

tatoos are like chips you can't have just one 13 is a lucky number for a tatoo artist

Quick Reply: Tatoos