General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tatoos

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Wldtat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tatoos

Got my first homemade piece of crap when I was 16, bad idea. Since then have had a few professionally done. My only advice would be to be really sure it's the one you want, they're semi-permanant

Other than that, if someone tells you it didn't hurt, he's a f'n liar or was real wasted that day

Old 03-31-2007, 11:38 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think tats are very cool when done tastefully. I have two tats; my other half has none. Both of mine were very well thought out since they will be on my body for the rest of my life. I just neglected to research the shop where I got the tats so they both need to be re-done. One of them I am having re-done in 2 weeks; the 2nd will have to wait. And there will be a 3rd tat eventually. I will just be sure to research the person/shop from here on out.

Think long and hard about it before doing it. My first tat I waited 15 years to get and the second was 6 years after that. I regret neither. My sis-in-law however got a tat after just 1 week of wanting it and now she greatly regrets the design and placement (its on her boob).

Would I get aname tattooed onmy body? No way - except maybe my own

Old 03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a japanese sleeve on the left arm, 3 big pieces on the right arm, and 2 large pieces on each of my legs. I am currently getting the japanese sleeve finished. I am lucky that I have a good friend who is a tattoo artist as I get this done for free. It aint cheap. But I am going in every thursday until the sleeve has full color. At the rate it has been going I figure another 3 or 4 months...I almost forgot. I don't do name tattoos. Never will. Not even my lovely wifes name. I consider it bad luck...

Old 03-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool bro! How are you doing?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Pretty good. Just a little STRESSED out. All is falling to place quite well. New job secured, another week to get ready to move. Just a lot of stuff to do. And yourself?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

This is me.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty good. Stressing over my daughter's wedding.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

WOW Anibuss - I envy you getting yours free. Mine will be one color, tribal, not very big or ornate, and it will run me close to $300..... but it is a "transforming" of another so maybe thats why........

I'm glad to hear the other stuff is falling into place for you. Things definately have a way of working themselves out.....

Old 03-31-2007, 11:55 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

OK Promise not to laugh........I wanted a tat several years ago when my youngest daughter was about 3. We used to watch Blues Clues together and I had Blues 'pawprints' in blue tattooed around the right ankle. I had 6 of them and the intention was to have each of my 5 daughters names in one and one for my wife. I never got the names put in bc , well I just never got around to it. I also had a yellow rose (my fathers favorite RIP) done on the left shoulder with my youngest daughters name across the top. I like them both and will go back soon to get all the names added.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

Here is the start to my sleeve. Background and some fill in the Odins Knot. Had it done in Alton, IL. She takes a month of sundays to tattoo but as you can see, she does a good job. I have a bunch that you can't see with my shirt on, but now that I am out of the Army, it is all fair game.

Quick Reply: Tatoos