General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friggin Crotch-Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
FACTION95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Friggin Crotch-Rockets

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Been there done that. I have "graduated" to riding a harley... I bet I'll live longer...
Ditto...

I used to be the guy flying by the Harleys.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm too old to ride something like a Hayabusa. I'd kill myself within a month. As it is, I ride the hell out of the bike I have.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:44 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SquishFace

A Harley rider complaining about loud pipes? When did Hell freeze over?
EXACTLY!!!!!! Like we don't scare the crap out of the cagers when we ride past them!! This is an old arguement but it's not like we don't have 3, 4, 7 beers at a pub and then ride home. Like that's much safer, right? We all do stupid things. If we didn't, there wouldn't be any divorces.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:49 AM
brillowolf
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 4merRacer

Better to be an open sinner than a false saint!!
Well stated.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:55 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perhaps, but most cruiser riders don't suddenly and dangerously come flying by you to pass in the middle of a curve at 90mph with no warning...

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson .

Old 04-01-2007, 12:58 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: celtlion

Perhaps, but most cruiser riders don't suddenly and dangerously come flying by you to pass in the middle of a curve at 90mph with no warning...

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson .
But most sportbike riders don't either

Old 04-01-2007, 01:01 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: zombie

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson.

You bring up riding without a helmet or jacket...how is that endangering anyone but the rider. Bit of a difference between that and screaming past others at 120mph with inches to spare endangering others. Also a bit of difference between a "rookie" on a cruiser and someone that rides that is purposely putting others in danger.

With 13 posts, I doubt you'd had a chance to get a real feeling for the riders we have in here, but most of them take riding extremely seriously...a majority have taken the MSF course, watched "Riding Like a Pro", taken advanced courses in riding on their own scoots...belong to clubs and practice their riding in parking lots between cones on the weekend. I think you'd be hard pressed to compare the riders in here and thier dedication to ridingwith the antics of hormonal youth on crotch rockets.

By the way, my other scoot is a Ducati...
so having 13 posts on this site means ??? I have see what goes on in harley world first hand . The post is about sport riders riding fast . not about me knowing what I am talking about. I have taken the MFS, I have a cra and wera card. I have many training and track days under me . I got a clue . Harley guys are just as bad , holding up traffic in "parade mode", slowing down then speeding up as a group to stop people from passing by holding lanes on the freeway. seen it all. People surf without posting . See you just Stero typed me and you don't even know me . what you said about the helmet and stuff my be true. but me blowing by you in an open area without cutting you off or touching you hurts no one either. . You have a sport bike , go on sportbike sites and see what they say about us harley guys. you will find they all ride within there limits, wear gear , have proper training and blah, blah, blah. The fact is most Harley people don't like sport bikes and most sportbike riders don't like Harleys. you, me and some of the members who posted on this thread feel diffrent, we like both . Yes your correct some of the riders are diffrent at this site, god bless them, but I have read plenty of pro harley hate the crotchrocket stuff before here. I have heard the whole only H-D crap , best on earth all that . Those people are on this site to . The big picture is WHO CARES WHAT YOU RIDE , JUST ENJOY IT. STRENTGH IN NUBERS ALL THAT STUFF. If you get scared by loud pipes blowing by you , think of the old woman working in her flower beds as you pipe it by on your no baffle v-twin . I bet she's pissed . But I know nobody here has loud pipesAll that you don't know these riders stuff is poop. one kicks sport bikes over, one thinks that great, and one thinks all sportbike riders do is donate organs .What ever . I don't need 8000 posts to see how it rolls here.
[size=2]You know there Triple, I think you’re a bit confused…please reread my post and I stated that you don’t have a feel for the very people you’re slamming, and it’s extremely obvious that you don’t and that is a direct result of how long you’ve been a member. I don’t reckon I’ve said anything about YOUR qualifications, but I am certainly defending the members of this forum because I’ve seen the dedication they have. You make it sound like I’m attacking you, I’m simply pointing out the flaws in your generalization from your pr

Old 04-01-2007, 01:17 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes Zombie I do. I not going to read all the posts again. but one said he got touched. I think have in a round about way said most forum members cool. But you don't say any of the ones slamming sportbike guys. I never slamed anybody on this forum. My 13 post slams no one here, no brand in general. I said the are more crusier guys down in the paper. and stated there are more weekend worriors. You stated most of the members here are not rookies or weekend worriors so why do you feel I am slamming the members?II'm a Fireman, I see what we scoop up more. Yes stunters do dumb stuff. But harley guys don't ? Read all the posts again sportbike guys are the ones getting slammed. Sorry if I offended you . I will make sure when I am on my sportbike sites ( Brag or Rat ) I defend my v-rod and street glide to the death. I like this site. I brag it up. should not have been so strong with a moderator. please note I never said you personaly have load pipes scaring people. But lots and lots of v-twins do. you can't deny that . That was just like the other posters say all sport bikes are loud, speed and cause problems. The were speaking in general. I had to edit this, it's raining here so i'm 8 beers in typing . I sure I still mispelled stuff.

P.S. I had to defend my V-rod on Harley sites before , but not here !!!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

Having ridden both sportbikes and harleys, the big difference is attitude. sportbikes generate an attitude that you must be better than the next guy. I'd ride the zx9r down the freeway and if I pass another sportbike, more than 50% of the time, the guy suddenly thinks I'm trying to race him. That's the one thing i do NOT miss.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:41 AM
tireater
Banned

It seems like at least once a week I meet mr. sport bike who thinks he is at the track. Riding down the middle of a two lane roadat 100 in riding suit, plastic boots and full helmet. Breaking about 10 laws a minute. Or splitting cars at 90. I don't think I have ever seen a Harley do this - and I ride fast...

Quick Reply: Friggin Crotch-Rockets