General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pushed a gold wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 PM
bvette94
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pushed a gold wing

I was out riding on saturday and decided to go to the stealer and see what kind of tent sale they had going on. I pulled in and right in front of the harley dealer was this white goldwing with a white trailer on it taking up the whole front of the parking lot. There were many other bikes there and i thought to my self Ok this guy has ballsto take up the whole front parking lot at a harley dealerwith a goldwing. What ever. soi go on about my business and walk around for about a half hour and get ready to leave. I pulled out right behind him and his bike stalled out. he was waving me around him so i pull up next to him and asked if he needed a hand. He says that the bikestalled and he cant get it started. I pulled off the road onto the sidewalk with my bike. I am cracking up in side so iask do you want me to help you push it off the road. he says okwe pushed it back about 5 feet and he jack knives the trailer. He had a couple buddies in a cage behind mewho removed the trailerand helped get the bike off the road. i did my part to help a biker in need (even if it wasnt a harley). Hopefully karma will return the favor someday. I normally would have rode by but after reading this forum and posts saying never leave a biker on the side of the road i thought why not. IMO it was worth the story alone to help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21463/20AF73D21D28460688AD28F3267272A4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: pushed a gold wing

You did well grasshopper...

Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

pushed a gold wing
Now go wash your hands.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
fuzzyz28
Advanced

Good on you for helping him, but why on earth were you "cracking up inside"? Good grief...that's a pretty arrogant stance to take...anything mechanical has the potential to have difficulty no matter what brand, or how well you take of it. Also..."taking up the front parking at a Harley dealer with a Goldwing"???? Get over yourself...who cares what you ride.

Maybe it will be you in need one day...hopefully someone will be as nice as you and stop to help as well...laughing at you or not.

Glad you helped...but you can now get off your high horse.

Ok...I know I'll probably get flamed for this...but anyone who it that arrogant about what they ride just rufffles my feathers.

Sorry for venting a little.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

[quote]ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

pushed a gold wing
Now go wash your hands.
[/[sm=funnypostabove.gif]quote] [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

I burnt the statoron my last wingand a great, older couple stoped to help. The wife got off and helped me push my bike about 1/2 a mile to their shop where they stored it inside till i was able to truck it home a few days later. Nicest thing a fellow biker ever did for me. I would stop to help any rider as they did for me.

I'm glad you helped.

Joe

Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe when he asked for a hand he wanted you to help pour gas on it and light it so he could go back into the dealer and get an Ultra.

And geez, lighten up a little there Fuzzy.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 PM
bvette94
Tourer

So what you are saying if the situation was reversed the guy on the goldwing wouldnt have posted on a goldwing forum that he pushed a harley. sounds to me like someone pissed in your post toasties. relax

Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bob, good job on helpin' out!
So, did you ask why he was at the Harley dealer, just curious if he was lookin to trade in or just visiting. Hopefully we can get a good weekend in pretty soon, so that we can hook up for a ride! I'm planing on riding into work tomorrow, it'll be the first time this year.
Ride safe,
Rob

Old 03-30-2007, 12:28 AM
fuzzyz28
Advanced

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

Maybe when he asked for a hand he wanted you to help pour gas on it and light it so he could go back into the dealer and get an Ultra.

And geez, lighten up a little there Fuzzy.
he he...yea...I know...sorry

Quick Reply: pushed a gold wing