General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hd strike

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007 | 10:44 AM
hartick
Tourer
Default RE: hd strike

i had ordered my patriot on the 15th of jan. with an 'original' ship date of 22nd of feb. with the strike delay i got it on the 15th of march and havent been happier. there was a small scratch on the fuel door cover but that was it, my dealer had the part on order before i took posession. 240 miles later i have had no problems. i havent heard anything dealing with the 5th gear whine, but 1st has a slight whine.

Old 03-30-2007 | 02:15 AM
Biker_RN48
Tourer

Good to hear hartick!!!!

MIne was the 26th, changed to possibly today. I called tonight, their computer says it is in transit and should be here tomorrow for sure.......... I am salivating.. gezeeeeeeee wish I didnt have to go to work..................

Old 03-30-2007 | 07:54 AM
Dagrounds
Advanced

There is no way for me to tell whether it was related to the strike or not, however, I picked up my new RK 3 weeks ago. Rode it for 100 miles and the internals in the primary came apart. Carried it back to the dealer and was told that it shipped from the factory without any lubrication in the primary.

They are replacing the complete primary drive but it is still frustrating. I'm hoping to get it back in a couple of weeks.

Old 03-30-2007 | 11:01 AM
hartick
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Biker_RN48

Good to hear hartick!!!!

MIne was the 26th, changed to possibly today. I called tonight, their computer says it is in transit and should be here tomorrow for sure.......... I am salivating.. gezeeeeeeee wish I didnt have to go to work..................
i hear ya. i called the day mine was supposed to be shipped. they said it had left york, and i should check back on monday (it was thrusday). next morning i was woken by the service men calling saying it was delivered and if i wanted to beat the snow storm to come down soon before they had to put it away. i wanted to see the unboxing but they wanted to beat the storm.

you will enjoy. have fun

Old 03-30-2007 | 11:33 AM
Deluxe07
Cruiser

Willieb, don't even worry about it. I posted a very similar concern a couple weeks ago and most told me HD quality assurance program is very good. Got my 07 Deluxe last Saturday......have nearly 200 miles on her and not a bit of trouble. Runs great, no "clatter" and no noticable 5th gear "whine". I do keep the revs up....I don't go into 6th gear until 70+.

Don't let worry distract from your enjoyment......just ride it and have fun.

Cheers,
Mark

Old 03-30-2007 | 05:33 PM
Biker_RN48
Tourer

Cool beans.........

Sorry about your issue Dag.

Not here today either? They know it left late Wed. Maybe tomorrow am?

Ricky

Old 03-30-2007 | 07:25 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a Road Glide on order. It had an original ship date of 4/1. Called the dealer yesterday to check on it and they tell me it has been delayed until 5/4 due to back log from the strike.

I have absolutely no concerns about quality with this bike. It is built by riders for riders.

Old 03-30-2007 | 07:56 PM
theandyman
Intermediate

Just a little note from MI.
I did not order a bike but around Thanksgiving I stopped by the dealer and said I wanted a new Road Glide around the end of March. No money changed hands but I have a very good relationship with them so a handshake sealed the deal. Well of course as soon as I put my existing bike up for sale it sold, so then I had no bike.Went back to the dealer just befor the strike and made my deposit, and added a few extras. No problem then came the strike at York. I assumed that this would delay my bike. After the strike setteled I stopped by to see what the damage to delevery would be. To my surprise he told me no problem my bike was already there in their storage facility. It seemed like he was expecting the strike and took the necessary precautions. Well it is now the end of March and I am still bikeless. It seems that when York went out the trickel down effect took place, and several support plants also were shut down. One of these is the fiberglass plant in WIS. One of my extars is a chopped color matched Tour Pak. Guess what part we are waiting for. No big deal since the weather is not so great yet anyway but for want of a nail a shoe was lost , for want of a shoe a horse was lost yad yad yad .....

Old 03-30-2007 | 09:22 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer

I got the call this morning. I had a ship date of 4/1 also. Dealercalled and my Ultra is in. I'm headed over tomorrow, but will prolly pick it up early next week.

Old 03-31-2007 | 01:33 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLHDRIVER

I got the call this morning. I had a ship date of 4/1 also. Dealercalled and my Ultra is in. I'm headed over tomorrow, but will prolly pick it up early next week.
That's just plain mean man!

Congrats.