General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security pagers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
onthedish1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: security pagers

Had mine for over a year, works like a charm, no problems at all.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I have had mine since last August and have had no problems. I had to change the batteries after about a month 'cause I didn't quite figure out how to turn it off properly...doh! Haven't had to change the batteries since then, but is sounds like I am probably due to change them again soon.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

Had mine since aug 06 works great, 1/4 mile range at least. Dont leave it on 24/7 if your not on a trip, it goes dead in 30 days. Good piece of mind, when Im at a bike week I know if someone messes with my girl. Hasent happened yet, knock on wood.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: PWHOG

Had mine now for nearly 2 years and its fine but as the others said it eats batteries. Also if the battery on the bike is rather low it stops sending the signal to the pager so keep the bike battery fully charged.

I have a question... Are you refering to the 9V battery in the smart siren II or the 12V bike battery?

I've only had mine about 6 months but I always turn mine off when at home and the bike is safe in the garage (I hope). No batteries used up yet...

Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

I have a question... Are you refering to the 9V battery in the smart siren II or the 12V bike battery?
We are refering to the watch battery in the pager. its a 2357 I think. I always have to take the old one with me or I get confused looking at the rack of batteries LOL!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gamma742

Had mine now for nearly 2 years and its fine but as the others said it eats batteries. Also if the battery on the bike is rather low it stops sending the signal to the pager so keep the bike battery fully charged.

I've only had mine about 6 months but I always turn mine off when at home and the bike is safe in the garage (I hope). No batteries used up yet...

Which "battery on the bike"?

Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it most of you have the number II system. I dont think mine is the II system. The pager for my system would take aaa or aa batteries. Mabie I should upgrade???? to the system II??????[8D]

Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

The II system is better but probably not worth the upgrade if you already have the I.

Gamma742
Which "battery on the bike"?
Sorry misunderstood ya, that would be the 9volt in the alarm.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:36 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I have had mine for over a year and it works great. I turn off the pager when it is not needed as it does go through batteries if left on all the time.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gamma742

I am refering to the 12V Bike Battery. If you dont use a battery tender through the winter months and just occasionally fire the bike up now & then the Pager Transmitter will stop transmitting when the 12V Bike battery drops to a certain level. I went through all sorts of issues with this problem until I fitted a battery tender then low & behold the pager started working again. I thought that it had lost its coded link with the security system and spent numerous hours trying to figure out why.

Quick Reply: security pagers