General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Court for helmet ticket today...

California has huge quotas the ..LEOs need to fill. Knowing most tax payers and decent folks will pay their tickets, they will target them more to get the quota/income. (am from s. Calif)(sfv)

And about that fishing comment.. what an ____ LEO.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 AM
RMBob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's amazing to hear some of your replies to a $117 helmet ticket. For all of you that want to slam the LEO and call him an azz for giving the ticket maybe you should ask LEO's not to do other parts of thier job too. When a LEO comes to your house because a family member is having a medical emergency, you could tell him not to do his job. When your wife breaks down on her own in the middle of nowhere, tell the LEO to drive right by and not render aid. When your house has been burglarized tell him to not investigate the crime.

Who knows what other things the LEO did that day to help people and all you can do is slam him for a helmet ticket. The easy way to avoid a non DOT helmet ticket is to wear a DOThelmet. If you don't want to wear a DOT helmet because you want to protest the law, then don't cry when you get caught. Pay the fine and move on. Although I suspect there was no radical protest involved here, as most people who wear non-DOT helmets are not protesting, but just trying to look cool.

For those of you telling him to lie in court to get out of the ticket, would you tell your own kids to lie to get out of something they did? If your going to lie about a $117 ticket what else are you going to lie about, including things you say on this board.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Anubisss riding with a non-DOT helmet. It's his God given right to protest the system if thats what he wants to do. Just don't cry when you get caught.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:28 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I called the LEO who did the joke an ____. the fishing one

You know anyone can be an ___ at times, the world aint gona riot against you.. well maybe this board will... but thats a laugh. Calm down.

As far of other given situations, why.. what if ____ and ____ happened.. Please don't go there

If you want an up... I respect just about every LEO, Firefighter, EMS, Armed Forces, Coast Guard... unless proven I shouldn't at a given situation.

BTW ____ could be anything.. madlibs r fun

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member

Wonder if the LEO professional has seen enough riders' heads all over the highways that maybe, just maybe , he can prevent just one rider from being a statistic by giving an appropriate citation for not wearing an approved lid?!?! To me a law is a law...obey it while you go forth trying to change it.

If this particular LEO had a vendeta against someone, might he not also adda loud pipe citation. Doesn't take that much more time....

Just wondering......

Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 AM
wesd41
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

California must have some pretty cheap lawyers to make retaining one more economical than paying a $117 fine.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 AM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm, what exactly is this thread about? Why is it getting sooo much attention? I absolutely refuse to post on this thread. Nope, just aint gonna do it. Not one word......about helmets, LEOs, Anubisss, none of it.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't blame cops for doing their jobs.
Oh please. Let's just ticket all those non DOT helmet riding motorcyclists to make the community safer.

Discretion is also part of a cop's job. Unless there's a suspicion of a possible subsequent felony, it's a waste of time both for the officer and the operator.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 AM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

How much is it going to cost the State of California to collect a $117 fine ?Two court sessions with all the staff. The LEO probably gets 4 hours overtime if it's his day off.

I can't tell you how much safer I feel.....

Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser

they don't go to court on their day off....tax payers would have to pay for overtime. They have a set court date every month.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE

Know just how you feel,we had a helmet law here in Maine once and I was always dealing with the law.Have to say they were all very good to me.That was a different time 30+ years ago.Hang in there.

Quick Reply: Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE