General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Court for helmet ticket today...

ORIGINAL: anubisss

It has its good points, I jsut happen to get nailed for all of the bs stuff. I must have been bad in a pst life. Karma, ya know.
Good luck anubisss,I bet if you named all of the good points of the Republic of Kalifornia, counting them on your fingers on one of your hands you would have four fingers left.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I choose to ignore the law, I don't get to whine about the consequences. Wearing a skid lid is Rebel Without A Clue, 5-year-old behaviour (You can't make me, you can't make me!) that is pretty much indefensible. After all, if it were about the right to choose, YOU WOULDN'T WEAR ONE. A non-DOT helmet is like a cardboard bullet-proof vest. You might fool someone - until you really need it! You tried to get by without complying with the law, and you got caught. Smartest thing you could do would be to buy a DOT shorty and show up with it in court.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

Justice would have been better served had the Officer used that radar gun to catch a few speeders. How many got away while he was messin' with Anubisss? Good luck today!
And they shouldn't be doing anything else until they catch ALL the murderers!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So I just got back. Today was only the arraignment, but when I went to check on this a couple of weeks ago, the clerk told me it was already set for trial. And to top it off some dark clouds blew in and it drizzled on my way there. At least it didn't pour on me. So, we will find out on May 1 what will happen. All that drama for nothing...

Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

You had a separate arraignment and trial date for a helmet violation? Are you facing any other charges wrapped up in this or was the helmet the only one? I can't remember.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
tireater
Banned

I hope you haven't lost yet...It had a DOT sticker but it fell off...riders are not responsible to maintain the DOT sticker...
That's why CHP dosen't give out helmet tickets...I have been pulled over several times for splitting cars "too fast" and they never said anything about my non DOT 3d spiked - blood covered helmet. They were too busy yelling! THEY HATE LANE SPLITTERS! My full coverage DOT helmet has giant blind spots where cars hide...I HATE IT !
AND REMEMBER - NO PROBABLE CAUSE ! (I could win this one...) GOOD LUCK !!!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
MyBluOx
Tourer

I might not catch all the fish; but I do throw back the little ones and really go after the big ones.

Nuff said.

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

Justice would have been better served had the Officer used that radar gun to catch a few speeders. How many got away while he was messin' with Anubisss? Good luck today!
LOL. Reminds me of a funny happening back in another life when I was LEO. My partner stopped a guy for a rather minor violation and was citing him when the guy made some comment about why wasn't he out there catching real criminals. My partner asked the guy: "Have you ever been fishing?" The guy answered: "Yes". My partner then said: "Did you catch all the fish in the lake?" The look on the guys face was priceless. That happened about 45 years ago and it still gives me a chuckle when I think of it.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:59 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

An arraignment for a helmet ticket? Never heard of this......In Va., you only get an arraignment for jailable offenses.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What he said (Blue Ox)

Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Arraignement, and then I had to pay the bail upfront. Back to court on May 1. This Kahlifornia and especially city of L.A. crap is rediculous, but hopefully I will win...

Quick Reply: Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE