General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Court for helmet ticket today...

ORIGINAL: RMBob

It's amazing to hear some of your replies to a $117 helmet ticket. For all of you that want to slam the LEO and call him an azz for giving the ticket maybe you should ask LEO's not to do other parts of thier job too. When a LEO comes to your house because a family member is having a medical emergency, you could tell him not to do his job. When your wife breaks down on her own in the middle of nowhere, tell the LEO to drive right by and not render aid. When your house has been burglarized tell him to not investigate the crime.

Who knows what other things the LEO did that day to help people and all you can do is slam him for a helmet ticket. The easy way to avoid a non DOT helmet ticket is to wear a DOThelmet. If you don't want to wear a DOT helmet because you want to protest the law, then don't cry when you get caught. Pay the fine and move on. Although I suspect there was no radical protest involved here, as most people who wear non-DOT helmets are not protesting, but just trying to look cool.

For those of you telling him to lie in court to get out of the ticket, would you tell your own kids to lie to get out of something they did? If your going to lie about a $117 ticket what else are you going to lie about, including things you say on this board.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Anubisss riding with a non-DOT helmet. It's his God given right to protest the system if thats what he wants to do. Just don't cry when you get caught.
[sm=exactly.gif]
maybe some of these posters should check out the accountability thread?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thing Andrew can do is buy a DOT helmet and take it with him to court, stand up and say "Your Honor, I was out of compliance with the law. The officer brought that to my attention. I am now in compliance, and respectfully request that the Court dismiss this citation." Also take the non-DOT lid along and offer to surrender it to the court.

Taking a lawyer to these trivial cases tends to irritate judges. Much wiser to confess, repent, and promise to sin no more.......

Old 03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe all this hoopla over a helmet ticket, but I guess that's because I don't live in California. In Missouri the law is as follows.

Title XIX. Motor Vehicles, Watercraft and Aviation. Chapter 302. Drivers' and Commercial Drivers' Licenses. Section 302.020. Operation of Motor Vehicle Without Proper License Prohibited -- Motorcycles -- Special License -- Protective Headgear -- Penalty. :
[ul]". . . 3. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 302.340, the penalty for failure to wear protective headgear as required by subsection 2 of this section shall be an infraction for which a fine not to exceed twenty-five dollars may be imposed. Notwithstanding all other provisions of law and court rules to the contrary, no court costs shall be imposed upon any person due to such violation. No points shall be assessed under section 302.302 for a failure to wear such protective headgear."[/ul]
[ul][/ul]
[ul][/ul]
[ul]I wear a non DOT helmet all the time and even had a LEO or 2 tease me about my helmet, but have never had a ticket or even been pulled over for it.[/ul]
[ul]Phil[/ul]

Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
UncleMike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't understand why you would even try to fight a ticket that you have already proven yourself guilty of on the internet. Anubisss I think I would be very careful with this since you have already posted that you knew it was a novelty helmet, that you put an acquired sticker on it and you have giventhem your complete name. Don't you find it interesting that just one week after you post about the sticker on thenoveltylid you get a ticket. I don't no much about the law as it pertainsto what someone writes on a forum but if it is usable you have convicted yourself(with pictures)by your previous posts.Be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew. PerhapsI'm the paranoid, conspiracy, big brother is watching type person or maybe I'm just a realist... Good luck!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Being Californias #1 lawbreaker,Andrew will always have drama in his life and will share it with us[]

Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
RageAndMachine
Road Master

no offense to all you californians, cuz ya know, cali is a way cool place, but cali also sucks *** something fierce.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

It's common to pay a lawer $150 to beat an $100moving violation ticket so as to keep conviction off of your driving and insurance record. Well worth the extra $50. If it were not for the insurance racketeers, this would be less popular.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
LTrain
Road Master
Default RE: Court for helmet ticket today...UPDATE

To everyone telling the defendant to lie, to bring in another helmet, to twist the truth, all over a $117 ticket, well...

West's Ann.Cal.Penal Code § 126
Penal Code (Refs & Annos)
Part 1. Of Crimes and Punishments
Title 7. Of Crimes Against Public Justice
Chapter 5. Perjury and Subornation of Perjury

>" src="http://statcont.westlaw.com/images/arrow.gif" border=0>§ 126. Punishment
[/align]
Perjury is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three or four years.

CREDIT(S)

Old 03-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Bear64
Banned

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

It's common to pay a lawer $150 to beat an $100moving violation ticket so as to keep conviction off of your driving and insurance record. Well worth the extra $50. If it were not for the insurance racketeers, this would be less popular.
The question is,,,,is wearing a non-dot helmet with a fake Dot sticker on it a moving violation in Calif.? I have no idea, perhaps somebody in Calif. can enlighten us. still seems silly, after all he is guilty, admitted it himself right here..his right to protest the helmet law as he sees fit is of course recognized, when we had the helmet law here we wore it on our knees, law said we had to wear them, didn't say on the head, so I know all about doing the righteous fight, point is, is that what he was doing?was he really trying to make a point against the system or was he just trying to be a outlaw?? Now I don't know the man, so I'm not passing judgment here, just asking questions is all.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said!