General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mens' Nylon Mesh Jacket - Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
danieldd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mens' Nylon Mesh Jacket - Opinions Wanted

I've got a FirstGear MeshTech 2 jacket. Bought it last week, new, for 57 bucks from www.cyclegear.com. They're last year's models, as this year's models are 125 bucks. They have a zip out liner, which works well in the mornings when it is cool - then you can remove it when it gets hotter.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:02 AM
PSO169
Road Master

I bought the HD mesh the day I bought my Ultra. I wore it all summer long in the Texas Heat. I rode with all through the summer Heat 100+. I wish mine was the black and orange but it is Black and Gray. It was about the same as riding with just a t-shirt but with more protection.
Jeff

Old 04-28-2007, 02:08 AM
LuvHandle
Stage II

I recommend the hi-vis Olympia Airglide 2 ... protective, visible, and passes air excellent for hot Texas summers.

They also come in black, silver, red and other colors, depending on style.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

Brad

Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 AM
puddle jumper
Novice

The Olympia Moto Sports Airglide 2 works for me in Alabama .

Old 04-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

Harley has a much better jacket this year....

Click Here to see it....

Told you guys to wait. Better airflow than any other......I know - I purchased it...

Old 04-28-2007, 02:42 AM
C.Jay
Tourer

Just make sure you get one that fits JUST RIGHT, so the armour doesn't roll away if ya fall. I love mesh for the summer!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

I bought the Power Trip Voodoo jacket because it was recommended by forum members. It works real well in warm weather.
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/d..._ID=SV431-8002#

Tom
Based on this recommendation, I bought the Power Trip Voodoo. After going through two other mesh jackets that just didn't feel quite right, this one is a homerun. And, for $79, it simply can't be beat. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bill

Old 04-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Nortonics
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: monsterdeluxe

Just be careful, I just got back from a ride and took my jacket off and just threw it on the seat. Next thing I know, wind blows jacket off bike and pipes melt 1/2 circle into jacket. $$$ gone.
Hahahahahaha! You could do that with any coat after drinking with the buds too much...

Seriously, get one of those coats! For $99 they can't be beat. Sure' the wife and I both have some nice Hein Gericke leathers, but the coat that follows me 99% of the time is the Nylon mesh. Ball it up and throw in the saddle when not needed and you'll still have plenty of room for other needed goodies. Light, but knocks the wind right off and won't let it through, yet still breathes nicely. I swear the mesh knocks the wind out just as good as the leathers.

Mine is a different style - all black with some embroidery and a back patch. I've seen no less than at least 10 different styles of that coat that Harley offers, each having a different enough look, and they're all out there still available, except it's difficult to find who's stocking them at any one instance. At my local store over the years I've seen all kinds come & go, then they come & go again a year later.

Another thing about these coats, regarding the ladies - these Harley coats have one major advantage over most others, they are cut and tailored right. They are not a straight cut, men's looking coat on a woman. They are perfectly tailored to a woman's shape and look hot as Hell on a figured lady. Most others just look like a mans coat on a woman, ie - not flattering at all.

Durable coats too. They can taking a Hell of a beating and still look great after throwing 'em in the washer. I've had mine for at least 7 years now and I'm certain it'll last another 7. And if ya ever lose it (like monster above) you're out $100,instead of$500+ for the Hein's...

Old 04-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Radical
Tourer

Joe Rocket for me from these guys...great discounts through out the year. http://www.newenough.com/browse/closeouts/

Old 04-28-2007, 12:14 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a new Vanson mesh jacket. It has open mesh that looks like chicken wire, no pockets, no liners,no trim of any kind,but is very light, and has good armor. Talk about COOL!!, this thing is like having no jacket on at all, even when you are sitting still. Feels more like a loose weave shirt than a jacket. Ive got 3 other mesh jackets and this one is in another league .

HD sell them with a Buell patch for $130,other places w/o the Buell patch for $140