General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mens' Nylon Mesh Jacket - Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mens' Nylon Mesh Jacket - Opinions Wanted

Let's see if I can describe this New Jacket - First I need to show you the current one:

This is the current one that Harley shows on their website:
Click Here for Image

If you look closely at this jacket the center section is the only zip out section (the Harley Davidson Wording gets zipped out to reveal the mesh)and the arms don't havegood vents - this jacket has switchback technology which means you can put armor in the shoulders and elbow area as well as an area for armor in the back.

TheNEW jacket has huge three inch letters red/orange letters spelling out "Harley Davidson" along the upper most part of the jacket (across your shoulder blades - these stay there when the panels are zipped out). The jacket is black/grey & silver in color with reflective piping. There is a rainproof inner liner that can be worn as a seperate jacket (this liner zips in and out for ease of use - it is also fleece lined).

If you look at the jacket I pictured above - from the center zipout section to almost the bottom of the jacket can be removed for venting. The inner portion of the arms zips out as well.

This new jacket also has switchback technology which stays in when the outer panels are zipped out. (except for the back armor piece I think.) The outer portion of the jacket is leather.

This will cool down a rider easily - I think even more so than the current jacket due to more removable panel area.

Go to your local dealer and look into their clothing book - it's there. All of my local dealers have them on order and expect the first shipments to come out in late April/early May.

It's an old school jacket.

I like it because it will match my blk/silver anniversary bike. 2003 FLSTCI.....

Old 04-06-2007, 03:43 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Is this the jacket you're talking about?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

ORIGINAL: Speedkingnick

Let's see if I can describe this New Jacket - First I need to show you the current one:

Click Here for Image

If you look closely at this jacket the center section is the only zip out section (the Harley Davidson Wording gets zipped out to reveal the mesh)and the arms don't havegood vents - this jacket has switchback technology which means you can put armor in the shoulders and elbow area as well as an area for armor in the back.

TheNEW jacket has huge three inch letters red/orange letters spelling out "Harley Davidson" along the upper most part of the jacket (across your shoulder blades - these stay there when the panels are zipped out). The jacket is black/grey & silver in color with reflective piping. There is a rainproof inner liner that can be worn as a seperate jacket (this liner zips in and out for ease of use - it is also fleece lined).

If you look at the jacket I pictured above - from the center zipout section to almost the bottom of the jacket can be removed for venting. The inner portion of the arms zips out as well.

This new jacket also has switchback technology which stays in when the outer panels are zipped out. (except for the back armor piece I think.) The outer portion of the jacket is leather.

This will cool down a rider easily - I think even more so than the current jacket due to more removable panel area.

Go to your local dealer and look into their clothing book - it's there. All of my local dealers have them on order and expect the first shipments to come out in late April/early May.

I like it because it will match my blk/silver anniversary bike. 2003 FLSTCI.....

Old 04-06-2007, 03:48 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Never mind, that is the one your talking about. The first time I went to your reply I couldn't use the url you provided, but when I went out and came back in it changed to a hyperlink and I was able to see it. Looks nice.

ORIGINAL: petemac

Is this the jacket you're talking about?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Click Here for Image

Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
bgr8ful
Advanced

I have the 06 version of the HD mesh jacket. It is great. with available armor, this jacket is a must in hot weather. wind goes right through it but still keeps your body protected(somewhat u know it is made of nylon).

Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

My wife and I both have Joe Rocket mesh jackets. They are the ticket for riding on hot days, but still allowing you a decent level of protection. We also got the zip in rain liners for our jackets, which is handy for when you get caught in those summer sun showers.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

Pete - the link I provided is for the 2006 jacket NOT the new one.....they don't have the 2007 jacket on the website yet - it's totally new. Only the dealers have the new book with the picture in it so far.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks SpeedKing.

Pete - the link I provided is for the 2006 jacket NOT the new one.....they don't have the 2007 jacket on the website yet - it's totally new. Only the dealers have the new book with the picture in it so far.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

Hey Pete - you think we can keep upping our post count like this????

Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm not sure, what do you think? [8D]

Hey Pete - you think we can keep upping our post count like this????

Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There great for summer. Just be careful, I just got back from a ride and took my jacket off and just threw it on the seat. Next thing I know, wind blows jacket off bike and pipes melt 1/2 circle into jacket. $$$ gone.

Quick Reply: Mens' Nylon Mesh Jacket - Opinions Wanted