General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with jacket for warm weather...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
nightrodspecial
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with jacket for warm weather...

I rode my nightrod special on Saturday and it was about 85-89 degrees. I have a black leather jacket with no zip out liner and it has armor etc. It does have air vents but I found that the weather saturday is my limit. I could not handle it any hotter with that jacket. What do y'all do for warm weather riding? I still want protection but I don't want to sweat to death. I am looking at a jacket like this:

Men's Aeration Leather Jacket

Perfect for warm weather riding. Perforated leather throughout lower front body, under arms and back side panels for superior ventilation. Mandarin collar. Two front zippered hand-warmer pockets and two inside pockets. Pre-formed and zippered sleeves with snap down cuff strap that secures zipper pull in place. Action back with power stretch down sides of back for ease of movement. Custom Harley-Davidson® embroidered leather appliqué graphics on both sleeves.

98106-04VM

MSRPUS $325.00 - US $365.00 per size and/or color

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help with jacket for warm weather...

kevlar lined shirt

Old 03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Bigfoot
Tourer

If it does not HAVE to be leather - give this one a look. They are quality jackets and do not cost an arm and a leg. They are cooler in summer riding than no jacket as they keep the sun off of you. I have nothing but high praise for these;

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb.n...1?opendocument

Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nightrod what size do you wear? I may be able to help you with your heat problem. I have a new jacket for sale in the "Gear and Other Items" section of the forum. Here is the link:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1429117/tm.htm

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you would complete your profile then I would know where you live and a better idea of what you're talking about when it comes to heat versus real heat! (humidity vs. none). Here in Arizona our summers are very hot and I find that none of the jackets, even the nylon air flow ones, work for me. I know it's a compromise in safety but I wear a long sleeved sweatshirt and a leather vest with my 1/2 helmet Shoei.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Blue HD
Cruiser

I got a leather jacket at the dealer last year on clearance (I think it was like an 05 item from the catalog)... for like $150... the entire jacket is made of perforated leather, it's not very heavy, and when you get moving on the bike it offers quite the breeze throughout... I'll try to see if I can find it...

If not, maybe look for one where the whole thing is perforated leather, not just perforated in sections...

Old 03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a mesh textile jacket from Tourmaster and REALLY like it... It's fully armored and yet it BREATHES massively when you're underway. In fact even stopped at a traffic light I can feel the breeze passing thru the jacket if there's a breeze blowing!

I've never had a perforated leather jacket so can't comment on that, but I sure do like my mesh jacket on hot days.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

Harley makes two mesh jackets. One is orange and black, thin, 99 bucks. The other has armor is grey and black and is about 150 bucks. I saw both and bought a river road armored (with liner, removable) for 99 bucks.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I just got a power-trip mojove local for 125. Meshwith armor and liner. Solid black w/reflective striping. http://www.power-trip.com/products.cfm?products_id=1041

I rode all last summer w/ an fxrg leather. not this year... love how it breaths going down the road.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody else was asking about this one from Harley, have you looked at it?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: Help with jacket for warm weather...