General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!

Send a nice letter to Mother H~D like the first letter to the deler. Just a copy for their file so they know what IS GOING ON.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:59 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get more bees with honey. So pour honey all over the dealer and RELEASE THE BEES ON HIS AZZ!!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:06 AM
mdog2222
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you put an exaust on your dyna yet?
If you have any suggestions let me know.
On them ****ing up your paint, give em hell. That was a bonehead move on their part

Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No word today from dealer!!!!!
Im startin to turn red.....

no havent put any engine mods yet

Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 PM
tireater
Banned

If it dosen't work out for you - powdercoat fender. Then make up a protest sign or several if you have friends and protest dealership on public sidewalk. I can not overstate how effective this is. Took 2 bums (the guyswith signs by the freeway) over to a car dealer to protest a prepayment penality. SIGNS - One side said "just say no" - the other said "get your promises in writing". Sat a block away with a cel. phone and phone book. They were there 10 min. and they were offered $100 and a ride to their favorite bar. That made them walk prouder. They turned the sprinklers on them and I called the water police "water is flooding the street", city police, CHP, news paper and radio news. Add 100 lookyloos. It looked like a riot and cost them many sales. Funny thing was-at the start - I told the head salesman what was up - he was telling a lady there was no prepaymrent penality. (cost me $800 extra to pay off loan after a year) Bums = $50 / Signs = $10 / Effect = PRICELESS !!!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Dynabob,
I have scanned the directions for the pillion seat and the bumber kit for you. I only scanned page 1 of the pillion install cause itclearly state under "additional parts required": "These kits require separate purchase of Bumper Kit P/N 51653-06 and passenger foot mounting ... etc"

I PM'd you. The email address for the forum is my work. My PM has my home email in it. Send me email there and I will fwd these PDF files to you.

And good luck. They installed it incorrectly and you can prove it. They should just replace or have the fender painted on their dollar, though its your hassle.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: tireater

If it dosen't work out for you - powdercoat fender. Then make up a protest sign or several if you have friends and protest dealership on public sidewalk. I can not overstate how effective this is. Took 2 bums (the guyswith signs by the freeway) over to a car dealer to protest a prepayment penality. SIGNS - One side said "just say no" - the other said "get your promises in writing". Sat a block away with a cel. phone and phone book. They were there 10 min. and they were offered $100 and a ride to their favorite bar. That made them walk prouder. They turned the sprinklers on them and I called the water police "water is flooding the street", city police, CHP, news paper and radio news. Add 100 lookyloos. It looked like a riot and cost them many sales. Funny thing was-at the start - I told the head salesman what was up - he was telling a lady there was no prepaymrent penality. (cost me $800 extra to pay off loan after a year) Bums = $50 / Signs = $10 / Effect = PRICELESS !!!
A little tip on the prepayment penalty situation. For those lenders which do not allow for a prepayment of a loan without the borrower having incurred a penalty, there is generally a work around. Here's what you do.

1. Don't make your next scheduled payment. That's right. Skip the next payment.

2. You will receive an 'automated letter' stating that your account is 30 days in arrears and thereby the account must be brought current or paid in full within a specific period of time; typically prior to the next 30 day payment cycle.

3. With 'demand letter in hand', take your pay off check to the bank and tell them that you are adhering to their demand for payment in full as a result of your being in arrears (only 30 days mind you; no harm to credit report).

4. In spite of their claiming no prepayment penalties, they will be obligated to take your pay off amount (sans any penalties);as it will be in compliance with their automated demand letter's instructions.

I had a buddy of mine wanting to pay off a rather sizeable commercial real estate loan early and the lender told him no go without incurring a substantial prepayment penalty. He let it go 30 days in arrears, received their 'demand for payment in full' automated letter, and boom; they were screwed by their own policy.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

you have mail

Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Ya know...I love these Harley Dealerships that really think they've got something 'special'...With The MoCo's policy of expanding dealers, and with all the 'private money' out there...Well..The days of the friendly, make it right, bike shop have disappeared with the all the other things that we've come to expect in the area of customer service...I can only toss out the Q: If there was an auto dealer that was screwing their customers like some of these Harley dealers are...How long would they be around? Harley dealership have gotten into the mentality that they have 'something special' and thatyou've got to go to them to get it. That you NEED to go to them. I like motorcyles, I like my Harley...But it ain't the only motorcycle out there...I've owned a few others in my 57 years. Many of which haven't caused me the grief that the HD has.

As for your bike...Do your homework, see if The MoCo has a customer appeal process like the auto companies/dealers do. If they do, follow it, document it. Then go to small claims court when they don't 'make it right'. If they don't have a procedure: Go back to the dealership, ask to see the OWNER. If he's not available (like he/she won't be) ask when they will be available. Nail them down. Do not take no for an answer. Document, Document, Document. It's particularly effective tobring a notepad and jote down names (as in: 'What was your name?') in front of people, along withdates and times. Save it all...Bro this is war.

On the other hand...It sounds like you're in for a hassle. Do you really want that? If you do then forge ahead. If you don't...Forget it and move on. As difficult as that seems. Bad mouth the dealership, the owner, the salesperson, etc...It does get around...TrustMe. Go to another dealer and order a new rear fender. Because repainting it isn't what you want...You want a factory painted fender. Right?

Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
wico1
Tourer

I've got a friend that got his gas tank chipped by te dealer...He complained and they are replacing his gas tank....no charge....

Quick Reply: Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!