General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!

Don't wait too long to bring it in there - the longer you wait, the more likely they will say you did it!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried calling to today....the manager was there but not answering the phone left two messages to HER....and one to the salesman for someone to get back to me and no return calls.....
I hate this Dealer TEXAN Harley Davidson in Conroe TX
They have no Customer Service after the Sale!!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
bronk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would fill out a comment card so damn quick................In all seriouseness talk to the manager first.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
kurtlange
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Dynabob07

let me know what you all think.....
do your own work. then you know it's done right...or at least the way YOU want it done

Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so far their tryin to say they wont pay for it.....so Im raisin more hell now!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM
tplyons
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's really lame of them. They woulda lost my business for sure right then and there.

Screw up, and make it right. If not, I don't care how convenient you are, I'm going somewhere else.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Tnicean
Tourer

What reason did they give for not making it right? I would not have called the dealer. I would have taken pictures, written a nice letter prettly much explaining what happened and what remedy I wanted and ridden to the dealership. If I could see the service manager or owner I would complain to them, if they were not there for some reason, I would have left my letter and pictures and asked them to call me that day. Then follow up. Then write a second more demanding letter if necessary. I am not sure why, but a letter generally gets more attention than a phone call, plus it is documentation should you need to go to small claims court.
Tnicean

Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tried calling to today....the manager was there but not answering the phone left two messages to HER....and one to the salesman for someone to get back to me and no return calls.....
I hate this Dealer TEXAN Harley Davidson in Conroe TX
They have no Customer Service after the Sale!!!!
I didn'tbuy my bike from Conroe for the simple fact this arrogant salesman tells me, We sell our bikes for $1000.00 over MSRP because of our location. I was like huh? Houston is a few minutes away. No Thanks! He lowered his price to MSRP but I wasn’t trying to hear anything else he had to say. Good Luck!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that I would be nice as well and don't put them on the defensive. Just explain it how you said it and that you aren't too happy with that

Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

First off I know the pillion... My dealer (who won't service my bikes again in less its warranty) installed one on my Bob last year when I bought it. It sucks as a pillion, but they did put the little pads on thefender, vice putting them on the seat itself...I think I even have the instructions for it still and could scan it for you if you wanted. I took my RK in for a little warranty deal... the right shock bolt had grease all over it and I pulled it to see why. Well from the factory someone greased it up to FORCE it in and its was but stripped. I asked them how they fixed it and was told they did a time-cert. When I got home I put lowering shocks on and found they had not time-certed it, they simply forced another bolt into it. I was pissed mosty because the tech lied to my face. I fixed it myself, but the service department has ruined my relation with the whole dealership... I very seldome go there and probably won't buy anything from them again except clothing items...

Dude, take this to the manager with pics and if not resolved take it to the owner. If still not resolved, there are other recourses... some legal and some more revengeful that could get you in jail.

Quick Reply: Dealer ruined my paint!!!!!