Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley X riding glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 05:31 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by louie c
O.K.
Who owns them and who thinks there good/bad or other comments ?
comon riders........
submit your comments.
I had the Wiley-X convertible goggle/glasses they were good. Here's my review of what I'm using now. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/produ...le-review.html

Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wear a pair of Wiley-X prescription glasses. The foam insert helps minimize wind caused dry-eyes.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:29 AM
JohnSWA
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Went to the last day of bike week and tried on a pair of Wiley X Knife frames. They fit my face like a glove, and I usually have a hard time finding sunglasses that fit well! They sounded kinda pricey, so I gave the lady my info and then I went to my eye doctor to compare prices.

Not even close! My Dr was going to charge me $625 not including tax!!! I called the Teresa at www.bikerrx.com and for $405 shipped, I got the Wiley X Knife, progressive, polarized HD lenses and 2 year scratch warranty! That was a smoking deal! I can't wait to get these things. If you're looking for a great deal on sunglasses and they carry other brands... check out bikerrx.com!

Old 04-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been wearing WileyX's since '06. Great glasses and probably the best warranty around.

My favorite pair got a spot on one lense and scratched the other on a overhead water pipe in the basement. Filled out the return request on their web site and prepaid for return shipment, they sent a brand new identical pair with no extra charge.

If you want to try them out check their web site for local dealers or try them at your local HD dealer, they now make them for Harley.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 222 Likes on 157 Posts

Have Wiley-X Curve and also use Rayban Predator. I have a narrow face and these are about the only glasses that work for me. The Raybans are a bit lighter and I'll wear them behind a windshield, but the Wiley-X's are Z87 rated and so are really the better glasses to wear IMHO.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:33 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Go here: http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safetyglasses1.html

I like the Radian safety sunglasses with cheaters.... for 10.00 each.

Really good stuff and you can save a butt load of money.

They have lots of choices but you won't get skinned.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Brian / Pa
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiley - X Bricks for me!!! Best riding glasses I have ever worn!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

7 eye for me. Perfect fit, lets enough air through for no dry eye, wraps the farthest around the face to cause the least blind side, still prescription. The only glasses that cover well enough so I don't ever squint from the sun getting in. Total cost $260. Wiley X didn't go far enough around for me. I use them in the cage & hiking.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:44 AM
ijustwant2ride
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love the X

I "found" out about Wiley X when I was in the Army and have loved the product ever since.

I wear contacts, I own the Air Rage (with foam inserts) and the SG1 (which I use for night).

They are both over 4 years old and neither has any real damage. I have replace the foam on the Air Rage once.

I may have to replace the Air Rage after this season because the sweat has been eroding the polarized coating o the point it is starting to both me. Right now I am considering another Air Rage but with the transition feature. This would allow me to go to one set of glasses.

Would I recommend the X as a riding glasses.....HECK YEA! BUT,you have to try them yourself all the models fit differently and have different features. Some folks, like me, love the foam, others do not.

Any X is superior to just about any other brand ..... You get what you pay for.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Johnny 5
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set at the start of the riding year last year and wore then, bought a pair for my brother at sturgis. Love then, best glasses I've had in a long time

Quick Reply: Wiley X riding glasses