Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley X riding glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:22 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Sullivan
I have the Jakes and really like them. RX, progressive, polarized, lineless bifocals with some super duper new no glare coating. They have new technology where they laser cut the lens so there is no fish eye. Big bucks but well worth it because I can't do without them and no longer have to carry 2-3 pairs while riding.
Man, I hear ya, I got the Jakes as well. The only difference is that mine are Trifocals. They came to $553.00 Ouch! But dayum, they're awesome to ride with! Even without a windshield I get no eye tearing. I love them and glad I got them too. Next week I'm starting out on a 2000 mile ride, that will be a real test for them.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 PM
MotaMan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Air Rage transitions. I'm really happy with them - but I've only ever used prescription glasses or drugstore sunglasses (with contacts) before.

A nice feature to the Air Rage is that they have narrower temple pieces, so there isn't the blind spot that some models create on the sides. I use the t-slot head band with them and haven't had them come loose yet, even turning to look over my shoulder.

I keep a pair on each of the bikes for any impromptu passengers.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:07 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Halojumper
I tried Wiley X, because everybody was ranting about them. They are well made, but they never fit my face right
You can form them to make a perfect fit by using a heat gun or hair blow dryer. Just heat & bend until you get them just right for you. The eye doc did mine and got them close, but I did the final tweaks myself and got them perfect.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
L3ft2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a couple different types of Wiley X. They are comfortable, light and the eye cup padding can be changed out to make them regular sunglasses after the ride.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,602 Likes on 699 Posts

I have the black ops and couldn't be happier. They stay put at all speeds and have foam seals w small vents so the dont fog up. Worth every penny

Old 04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
CWO4
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had mine for two years and have no complaints. Lenses are scratch free.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
NewAgent
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 2 pair of Wiley X. They're great. Tried them on at the dealer and then ordered them from Frames Direct and saved $50. Wear like iron and the prescription is dead on. Scratch free lenses and the rubber gasket works great with the wind.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I've one too. The model doesn't matter...what matters most is how well it conforms to your face. Each model felt a little different to me.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
italianprincess70
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my Wiley X's for two years. Best riding glasses that I've used to keep the wind/dust/rain out of my face since I wear contacts. Love them!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,909 Likes on 4,133 Posts

I have a pair of the Romer 3’s with interchangeable lenses. I had a pair of clear Rx lenses made for night vision. I mainly use the yellow (rust) lenses for overcast days and the clear lenses for night riding. I also use the rust lenses as my shooting glasses. My main sunglasses are my Costas.

Quick Reply: Wiley X riding glasses