Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone GoPro ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was given a GoPro Black Edition for my birthday last year just before my trip to South Dakota. Mounted it to my helmet and the videos turned out amazing. You can check them out in the link in my signature. If you have a smart phone you can control the GoPro through the app which makes it quite a bit easier and you can even get a preview of what the camera sees through the app.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KSRoadKing
I was given a GoPro Black Edition for my birthday last year just before my trip to South Dakota. Mounted it to my helmet and the videos turned out amazing. You can check them out in the link in my signature. If you have a smart phone you can control the GoPro through the app which makes it quite a bit easier and you can even get a preview of what the camera sees through the app.
Love your videos! Great quality! Like the sound of the SuperTrapp's too

Old 04-02-2014, 06:12 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Something that doesn't get mentioned much is using a lanyard attached to the bike and camera in case it gets knocked off. I used 2 short lengths of 20lb test Spiderwire with velcro on the ends. It's really light weight, won't scratch paint or chrome in the wind, and you can hardly see it. I know for sure it will hold because... well, trust me, I know.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 PM
styndryinwa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the contour. They are out of business now but it is a simple simple camera. on off switch thats it. The software is the key . Putting music and stuff on the video. Great job you guys. I used my sony handy cam When we were in Hawaii. They are all over you tube . Summer on the way I hope

Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Did you mount the camera to the top of your helmet? I bought a head harness for that. My first attempt was on the inner tool bag. Bike shook too much and bumps made the picture rough to watch. Seems the body mounts are much better plus we get to see what you want to see as well..Very cool.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:33 AM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Russ, that video that BigOil7 put up has Jackie and I in it

I have a Sony Action Cam AS15. Now the AS30 I believe. 1/2 the price of a gopro and pictures are just as good. Like others have said though. Editing the video is a PITA.

I still have several hours of video from our Summer Kentucky trip that I need to edit.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 AM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member

Thank you! I appreciate that very much.

Originally Posted by Pete6114
Love your videos! Great quality! Like the sound of the SuperTrapp's too

Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member

Yeah, I used one of the little plastic mounts that came with the camera. Seems to have some very good adhesive on it so I'm not concerned with it coming off. I'm making another trip to South Dakota in July and thought about mounting the camera to the engine guard but I'm concerned about the vibration. I'll have to give it a test run before I go.

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Did you mount the camera to the top of your helmet? I bought a head harness for that. My first attempt was on the inner tool bag. Bike shook too much and bumps made the picture rough to watch. Seems the body mounts are much better plus we get to see what you want to see as well..Very cool.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:30 AM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I used one of the little plastic mounts that came with the camera. Seems to have some very good adhesive on it so I'm not concerned with it coming off. I'm making another trip to South Dakota in July and thought about mounting the camera to the engine guard but I'm concerned about the vibration. I'll have to give it a test run before I go.
Make sure to tether it, I lost one mounted on the engine guard 85 mph on the interstate. Go-Pro corp was great. Gave me discount on new camera and sent me a heavy-duty mount designed for roll cages/bars.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 AM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member

What did you use to tether it and what did you tether it to?

Glad to hear that GoPro took care of you. That says a lot about them.

Originally Posted by bigoil7
Make sure to tether it, I lost one mounted on the engine guard 85 mph on the interstate. Go-Pro corp was great. Gave me discount on new camera and sent me a heavy-duty mount designed for roll cages/bars.

Quick Reply: Anyone GoPro ?