Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone GoPro ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
I mounted it to my inner shield tool bag/ It stuck fine but the vibes on the bike at a stop made it impossible to watch as well as the bumps. So I am going to try again with a head mount or a chest mount, Then I can stand at stops.

I would say do not mount it to the bike. Too shaky at stops and riding over anything less than glass like asphalt. Mount to your body. Much smoother picture/ Body can eliminate most harshness of the ride. Some mount to their helmets but I usually don't wear one so I ordered a head mount for the cameras a well as the body harness.

Looks a little silly but I am not one to care much about that

I bought a GoPro 3+ Black for $349 on sale a few weeks ago and love it.

Learning curve is ok. the camera has two buttons that get you anywhere. Takes some getting used to to select modes and stuff. The GoPro SW is easy to use for editing but i use Sony's Vegas Pro. files are AVI or MOV I believe .

Buy two 16GB SD class 10 cards instead of one big one for redundancy. 16GB is a lot of Video to edit.
I mounted mine to my crash bar (as well as that bar by the license plate) and got excellent video. And I just have the original GoPro HD. Much clearer resolution than you think.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you started this thread. Thinking of gettn one too

Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
rgb66
Club Member
Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

I've been setting mine to time lapse snapping a picture every "x" seconds. That way I end up with tons of useless pictures but some really fantastic ones that make wading through the junk worth the time.

I think that mounting to your head may be better since it seems that the bike is not always pointing at what I am looking at while I thinking: that might make a great shot!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

once you get one you can go to youtube and watch videos on how to use them. that's kinda nice. I use a helmet cam. donload the video to youtube so my family and friends can see the stuff I shoot. kinda cool.!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a couple that I attached to the bike with the suction cup mounts. Good enough and very easy to relocate. I tend to reduce a few hours of video to a 1' to 2' video collection of clips to keep it visually interesting. The GoPro CineForm editing software makes it pretty quick and easy to edit while chilling out in the evening.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rgb66
I've been setting mine to time lapse snapping a picture every "x" seconds. That way I end up with tons of useless pictures but some really fantastic ones that make wading through the junk worth the time.

I think that mounting to your head may be better since it seems that the bike is not always pointing at what I am looking at while I thinking: that might make a great shot!
Thats kind of the idea; I see guys mount on engine guards Half the frame is filled Bike, Helmet (or head mounts for bandana wearers) and chest mounts are great because you can see the speedo as well as the road. As well the camera looks where the rider looks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-he...f-65b18b75ac4b

Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This was filmed with a standard definition GoPro mounted on my engine guard. The newer ones are high definition.

Needles Highway in Custer State Park South Dakota Part 1

Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I just picked one up a couple weeks ago. Fun little gadget. Did one video just to try a mounting spot. Definitely need to get rid of sound and add music or something.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

They seem cool but I think it would get old really fast if you are just getting it for the motorcycle. How many different types of video or cool stuff could you do that hasn't been done by a bunch of other people.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM
bcbueller
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to gopro but sold them both now i Replayxd

Quick Reply: Anyone GoPro ?