General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its in my garage and I get it

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 05:05 AM
hartick
|
Tourer
Default Its in my garage and I get it

Just picked up my new street glide this afternoon. Got to ride it home from the dealer thanks to the great weather in upstate NY. 50 degrees and sunny. what better day could i ask for. right now the exhaust is a bit quiet but hopefully it will loosen up after some more miles. For my first Harley distance ride (only demoed so far) it was fun as hell. Little wobbly out the parking lot, but i got the feel of it soon after. there is definitly a difference from my roadstar. 50 miles later i had to put it in the garage so i could make it to work on time. bummer

thanks to everyone who kept me entertained for the 2+ months while waiting for it.

for some reason i cant post pics right now, but i will get them up

again thanks for the entertainment
Nick

Old 03-25-2007 | 06:18 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Its in my garage and I get it

Congrats hartick, Without question the Street Glide is one of the best looking Harleys. I work at a dealership that sells Harleys and Metrics, so I've ridenmy share of Road Stars, great bike, easy to customize, but there's something about a Harley.

So you find the SE's a bit quiet? We haven't put a set of the new touring version on a bike yet, so I haven't had a chance to hear them.

Old 03-25-2007 | 06:28 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hartick

Just picked up my new street glide this afternoon. Got to ride it home from the dealer thanks to the great weather in upstate NY. 50 degrees and sunny. what better day could i ask for. right now the exhaust is a bit quiet but hopefully it will loosen up after some more miles. For my first Harley distance ride (only demoed so far) it was fun as hell. Little wobbly out the parking lot, but i got the feel of it soon after. there is definitly a difference from my roadstar. 50 miles later i had to put it in the garage so i could make it to work on time. bummer

thanks to everyone who kept me entertained for the 2+ months while waiting for it.

for some reason i cant post pics right now, but i will get them up

again thanks for the entertainment
Nick
Its great isnt it? I think those Street Glides are awesome machines. Thinking of stripping my Electra Glide Classic down to look like one. You say your SE pipes are quite? What did they cost, if you dont mind me asking?

Old 03-25-2007 | 07:25 AM
Roamer
Intermediate

hartick
Good luck with your new bike. I just picked mine up 2 wks ago (07 FLHT) and got to ride it home. Love the bike! We need winter to get out of the Northeast so riding can begin. Congrats.
Karl

Old 03-25-2007 | 07:40 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Congradulations! There is something special about owning a brand new Harley Davidson.The smells for one.Have fun!

Old 03-25-2007 | 07:57 AM
BuzzHD
Advanced

I also traded inan R*, except I went with the 07 Ultra Classic, The wife rides with me a lot and the first thing I noticed was how much more room I had onthe R*. I will be relocating the tour pack with Mr. Anderson's bracket just as soon as he returnsto Illinois.enjoythe new ride..

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:02 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior

Shoulda rode it to work!

I would like to see a Navy Patriot edition, so post some pics. The WebSite pics are a bit lacking...

Old 03-25-2007 | 09:15 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master

Congratualtion! I've heard nothing but good things about the SG.

Old 03-25-2007 | 10:47 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Congrats on the new bike, enjoy

Old 03-25-2007 | 10:52 AM
Drtbag
Tourer

congrats. I like your siggy by the way. Looks like a smile from ear to ear.

Quick Reply: Its in my garage and I get it