General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Ultra ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:58 PM
grooveman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ebay Ultra ..

As the others have said its a scam and a very common one that some folks still fall for. The scammer stole the pics from someone elses listing and either set up a new account or stole someones Ebay identity to list it. There is no bike to "go see" because the scammer only has photos of it.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
grooveman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention you should also do a virus scan on your computer and change passwords. Some of these guys are really crafty and send you all kinds of nice little keyloggers and viruses with the emails.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 PM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been wondering about this for a while, I'm military in Germany and the Stars and Stripes always has Harleys for sale, usually there are a couple that are well below going stateside prices. I think there are a bunch of Joes that like the idea of a bike but once they buy it realize they either don't like to ride or can't/don't want to swing the payments. I've thought about picking up an extra one here and bringing it back for my dad when I PCS bucause they count against our shipping weight allowance and not as a vehicle. I wonder how often these bikes are posted on EBAY?

On an unrelated note, is Traveler 8 feet tall or is he just sitting on his little brother's bike? Does Harley make a mini Dyna?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I sent the $7000 to him. I hope he doesn't notice the little Monopoly man on the money....

Don't even waste your time playing with him.....

Mike
NY

Old 03-24-2007, 11:30 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I GOT THIS ONE!

blk300blk@aol.com"to me[/align]show details[/align]3:50 pm (2½ hours ago) Hello,[/align]
Thank you for contacting me regarding your willingness to purchase my item.This is what i think that you will need to know.[/align] [/align] First of all i want to tell you that the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges.The item has a Clear Title which will come along with it.[/align] [/align] The bike is in perfect condition as a new one and very well maintained. No damages, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. [/align] [/align] It will be shipped fromLondon,United Kingdom via Lufthansa Air insured and it will take7 days tops until you will have it at your door.[/align] [/align] The bike will come with all the documents you need to register it (including a clear title wich you will receive included in the package) and i must tell you that it is still under warranty. You will not have any problems with registration because the bike is an US model never registered in United Kingdom.[/align] [/align] Iam willing to let it go for $7,000.00 US dollars with shipping costs and insurance.[/align] The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the package i will receive the payment.[/align] [/align] If you agree with these terms,please email me your full name and address and i will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
[/align] [/align] Best Regards,
[/align] Joe[/align] [/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Bluerose

It's not worth the effort....He will want to setup an escrow account (which will not be through ebay but a fake) that will hold the money until the non-existant bike arrives.

He'll stop contacting you and change email as soon as you say you want too see it first, or refuse the escrow. Your not worth his time.

I contacted one the other day so I could get it off the local Craigslist. Weird how Johnathan in Miami was pregnant and needed to sell his bike inLosAngeles

Old 03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't go near this offering. It's obviously not legit. As others have said, even making contact with the seller can open you up to viruses, having your ebay user name used in fraudulent schemes, etc. I once started receiving inquiries about 20 or so different boats I was "selling." They stopped only after I contacted ebay security and changed my password.