General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accountability

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:43 PM
markdt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default accountability

Is it just me, or are people thinking that they don't have to be accountable for thier own actions anymore. You read the news, and the posts here, and all the information that we have at our disposal now, and I just can't believe peoples attitudes. It seems to jump out at me that no one is accountable for thier own actions anymore. It's always someone elses fault , how can I get out of this etc. I have been in the campground /customer service industry for over 25 years and I see this trend now being passed on to peoples kids. I had a family here in one of our Kabins last year whose kids broke all of our pool lounge chairs. It was witnessed by one of my seasoanl campers and the kids descriptions were spot on. I went down to them to confront them and DAD says ,no way, not my kids, been here the whole time. He sat there and lied to me right in front of the young offenders . Needless to say, I called the police and had his kids charged with vandalism. Never did get the money from them for the loungers, but managed to rent out the Kabin wth no refund. When the police arrived ,the first thing out of his mouth was that I was dicriminating against him and his family. I agreed with him that I discriminate against all liars and vandals . This is just one exaple of people NOT taking resposibility for thier actions, and the trend seems to be getting worse every year. What ever happened to our morals , integrity and values . I wish people would just suck it up and say, I f###ed up and what do I have to do to make things right. Instead of, how do I get out of this without paying a price. What they don't realise is that when they take this route, they are paying a price,thier integrityhas just been flushed down the drain...Mark...

Old 03-24-2007, 01:50 PM
jskelington
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: accountability

F*kin guy probably rides a honda to boot.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

F*kin guy probably rides a honda to boot.

The previous messages are brought to you by the department of redundency department.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

Why take responsibility for your actions?

There are so many other things that are REALLY to blame...

Rock music, teachers, TV violence, rap music, video games, peers, spanking your kid, not spanking your kid, the guy @ the drive-thru, your boss.

-

Your lucky you didn't get arrested for something when you called cops.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's because we live in a society such as it is. People don't accept accountability because they don't have to.In an alleged crime in the "justice system", the outcome has nothing to do with justice. The fact of the matter is,it's about who is the better mouthpiece ... the prosecution or the defense. Pure and simple.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:03 PM
jimb
Road Master

Thank God for attorneys.They can make McDonalds responsible for making you fat,Applebees responsible for you not knowing your limits and driving drunk,a homeowner responsible because you tried to break in and his dog chewed you up,a parent responsible for their kid killing somebody because you yelled at him 20 years ago,Judas Priest responsible for a kids suicide because he was stoned and thought he heard a message when played backwards in a song.....

Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
recross
Tourer

No more integrity...and it's only getting worse....I'm with you 100% on this issue..it's always someone elses fault no one talks the blame anymore and will admit...Hey I screwed up..What's the big deal....we're only human and we do screw up..Soooooooooooo.....BC
ORIGINAL: markdt

Is it just me, or are people thinking that they don't have to be accountable for thier own actions anymore. You read the news, and the posts here, and all the information that we have at our disposal now, and I just can't believe peoples attitudes. It seems to jump out at me that no one is accountable for thier own actions anymore. It's always someone elses fault , how can I get out of this etc. I have been in the campground /customer service industry for over 25 years and I see this trend now being passed on to peoples kids. I had a family here in one of our Kabins last year whose kids broke all of our pool lounge chairs. It was witnessed by one of my seasoanl campers and the kids descriptions were spot on. I went down to them to confront them and DAD says ,no way, not my kids, been here the whole time. He sat there and lied to me right in front of the young offenders . Needless to say, I called the police and had his kids charged with vandalism. Never did get the money from them for the loungers, but managed to rent out the Kabin wth no refund. When the police arrived ,the first thing out of his mouth was that I was dicriminating against him and his family. I agreed with him that I discriminate against all liars and vandals . This is just one exaple of people NOT taking resposibility for thier actions, and the trend seems to be getting worse every year. What ever happened to our morals , integrity and values . I wish people would just suck it up and say, I f###ed up and what do I have to do to make things right. Instead of, how do I get out of this without paying a price. What they don't realise is that when they take this route, they are paying a price,thier integrityhas just been flushed down the drain...Mark...

Old 03-24-2007, 02:58 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Integrity is a dying art. Admission of guilthas less do with integrity than you think. It's more about $$$ and barriers if you ask me. I know people that will fight a charge,knowing full wellthey were caught red handed or were at fault, spend a wack of cash on a lawyerso their insurance premium doesn't go up.If it's a criminal charge, it's about barriers put up to things you normally would enjoy... Like your current job or applying for a new job, visiting another country and such.

They will fight a charge ... anycharge ... guilty or not .... thanks to our justice system and basic our rightto defence. Even my own lawyer's best advise is "Deny, Deny, Deny"

Old 03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior

As a school teacher, I see this on a regular basis. I try my best to make sure that the kids that I teach understand that I hold them accountable for their actions...at least in my class. My mantra as stated on a big poster in my room says: I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN ACTIONS.

I don't know if it works or not, but I don't hear, "That's not fair" very often because they know what I expect.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
recross
Tourer

Oh you word it so much better than I can..Thankyou......BC