General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accountability

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: accountability

Just one more reason I am proud to live in Texas!
Signed into lawtoday and goes into effect September 1st.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jskelington

F*kin guy probably rides a honda to boot.

The previous messages are brought to you by the department of redundency department.

Bwahahahaha! To both posts.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 AM
tplyons
Tourer

As a 20 year old college student, I agree one hundred percent. Apparently underage drinking is a perfect excuse for anything that's incorrect. Nobody does anything wrong, but everyone else does.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lunchboxjunkie

Texas is about to put an end to one of the most blatant abuses of the legal system you can ever imagine....

Currently, a homeowner in Texas can shoot an intruder in their home only when a reasonable attempt to flee the home is not possible. Due to the way current laws are written, this means that a homeowner could be sued by the intruder or intruder's family if the homeowner defends his/her home and family.

Currently before the state legislature is a bill that would allow a homeowner to defend their home without any prerequisite to flee and would also protect the homeowner from any resulting lawsuits. The bill is expected to pass the house and senate with little opposition.

I find it hard to believe that we even have to pass a law that protects someone from being sued by someone who intended them harm in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, you forfeited any legal protection when you showed up inside my house without my invitation.
Here in Pennsylvania the crooks have more rights, I lived in a small town up here where a guy I went to school with, got half his face shot away and lived to sue the family he was trying to rob by breaking into there home. He won because the jury said the owner didn't give him a chance to leave the home. WTF! The cops around here tell folks to shoot to kill that way there's only one story.
All I can say is that the intruder better be pretty fast to flee to avoid one in the head and two in the chest. No law suit from him on that combo.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:27 AM
azrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kpreese

Speaking of which, Clinton made HUGE strides in teaching kids that denial is the best way to go. You aren't guiltyunless someone proves it, etc. OJ didn't help either. It's epidemic. It's INSANE these days what people will do in front of people and then turn around and say "I didn't do that" (I'm not talking about in court, even little stuff). It's scary.

But it does start in the home. If kids are held accountable in the home, then those sick, mixed up signals they receive through the media will be less damaging.

Kevin
And what did we as society teach our kids by re-electing Clinton? We just sat there and said, Yep, it is ok, see even the Pres doesn't have to own up.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a GREAT example of what you're talking about. Last night the wife and I went to see Eric Clapton in concert. While leaving the arena parking lot, the traffic was nuts. We were just sitting in the dreaded minivan, listening to a Clapton CD, and discussing the concert, waiting for the traffic to clear, when a blonde female boomer backs her mud and filth covered Dodge Magnum wagon right into us!! (We were still sitting in our parking space...hadn't even moved...) I jumped out and said to her (rather calmly I thought, considering the situation...) "You know, it is customary to look behind you before you back up." She looks at me and says, "Well I couldn't see you, your headlightsare too low!!"Apparently the design engineers at Chevrolet are responsible for this entire incident. Damnyou Chevrolet!!! [:@]

Old 03-28-2007, 02:58 AM
tplyons
Tourer

I know how you feel. I drive an El Camino and get tailgated often. My only two brake lights are on my bumper and people tailgating me CAN'T see them. You have no clue how many times I've had to ditch into the shoulder to avoid getting backended.