General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accountability

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: accountability

ORIGINAL: Jumpman
Why take responsibility for your actions?
There are so many other things that are REALLY to blame...
Rock music, teachers, TV violence, rap music, video games, peers, spanking your kid, not spanking your kid, the guy @ the drive-thru, your boss
And let's not forget discrimination. Even white guys are discriminated against by not being included in the 'discriminated against' list.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Cramps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I really like the "I f***ked up and it's all YOUR fault" defense. I hear that one a lot!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

Think if maybe we got our kids more active, it might help? I mean in sports, or working in the yard or whatever takes them away from video games & msn chat...

Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kpreese

ORIGINAL: dog155
You are not alone.It is everywhere,and it is only going to get worse.Look at who is running this country for starters.It really begins at home.Hang on to hat.
Speaking of which, Clinton made HUGE strides in teaching kids that denial is the best way to go. You aren't guiltyunless someone proves it, etc. OJ didn't help either. It's epidemic. It's INSANE these days what people will do in front of people and then turn around and say "I didn't do that" (I'm not talking about in court, even little stuff). It's scary.

But it does start in the home. If kids are held accountable in the home, then those sick, mixed up signals they receive through the media will be less damaging.

Kevin
How can you say that Clinton is at fault? Oh, wait a minute, how do I define "is" in that sentence? Maybe if we don't use "is" as he did, we can change the definition of sex too. What a lying bonehead.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Texas is about to put an end to one of the most blatant abuses of the legal system you can ever imagine....

Currently, a homeowner in Texas can shoot an intruder in their home only when a reasonable attempt to flee the home is not possible. Due to the way current laws are written, this means that a homeowner could be sued by the intruder or intruder's family if the homeowner defends his/her home and family.

Currently before the state legislature is a bill that would allow a homeowner to defend their home without any prerequisite to flee and would also protect the homeowner from any resulting lawsuits. The bill is expected to pass the house and senate with little opposition.

I find it hard to believe that we even have to pass a law that protects someone from being sued by someone who intended them harm in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, you forfeited any legal protection when you showed up inside my house without my invitation.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:07 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TowJam

Texas is about to put an end to one of the most blatant abuses of the legal system you can ever imagine....

...The bill is expected to pass the house and senate with little opposition.
Just one more reason I am proud to live in Texas!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM
surv1
Road Warrior

Mississippi passed that law last year.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Lord how I wish Washington wasn't such a bleeding heart libral state. I can't even shoot someone that's in my house unless they also have a gun and I 'feel my life is threatened'. And if I do shoot them they have to be in the house, not on the property or even half way inbetween, but INSIDE the residence. What Kinda crap is that?

RE

Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

I love it when I hear someone (regardless of age) whining about "fair." My response is, "if life was fair, we'd all be summering with the Rockefellers in the Bahamas. It ain't, we aren't, so get over yourself and deal with it."
I don't tend to hear it again..

Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

Currently, a homeowner in Texas can shoot an intruder in their home only when a reasonable attempt to flee the home is not possible. Due to the way current laws are written, this means that a homeowner could be sued by the intruder or intruder's family if the homeowner defends his/her home and family.

Currently before the state legislature is a bill that would allow a homeowner to defend their home without any prerequisite to flee and would also protect the homeowner from any resulting lawsuits. The bill is expected to pass the house and senate with little opposition.

I find it hard to believe that we even have to pass a law that protects someone from being sued by someone who intended them harm in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, you forfeited any legal protection when you showed up inside my house without my invitation.
Here in Pennsylvania the crooks have more rights, I lived in a small town up here where a guy I went to school with, got half his face shot away and lived to sue the family he was trying to rob by breaking into there home. He won because the jury said the owner didn't give him a chance to leave the home. WTF! The cops around here tell folks to shoot to kill that way there's only one story.