General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accountability

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:50 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: accountability

That is a bad thing to pass along to your children...and people wonder why their kids lie to them...uuuummmmm they watch their parents do it all the time !!!

It's a bad cycle and it seems not to end

Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 PM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member

I think a lot of people are still stand up, and I deal with them all the time. I think you would even be surprised by the numberof guilty pleas tendered in your local court system. The trouble is that the ones who are not stand up are generally fairly loud in denial and the more egregious cases seem to end up on 400 media channels for months. I have to say that after 32 yearsin the police business, most people we deal with are honests citizens who make a little mistake, correct it and move on. I do agree, however,that the ones who don't can be particularly exasperating!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
badherb
Road Captain

It's all part of the "pussification of America".
This is a Tom Lycus thing right? His antics are funny as hell but The "pussification of America" has to be the most SPOT ON rant I've ever heard.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,409 Likes on 6,176 Posts

My neighbors 2 kids (about 14 and 16 years old)were out playing in the street last summer. My wife is sitting on the porch and sees one of the little sh*theads throw a rock and hit my truck, not once but twice. She yells at the kids to stop goofing around and to go back accross the street to their own house and hang out. The one who threw the rock tells her to F**k off! Well this pisses her off so she calls the cops and reports them for hitting my truck with rocks. The cops show up and my wife tells them what happened. So the cop goes over to their house to get their side of the story. The fata$$ mom who is rarley even sober or at the house for that matter comes out and tells the cop that her precious little angels are inside playing video games and have been for the last 2 hours. She not only defended the little bastards who she knew was guilty, but she lied to the police. The kids did end up getting a citation because another neighbor saw them throwing rocks too.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

You are not alone.It is everywhere,and it is only going to get worse.Look at who is running this country for starters.It really begins at home.Hang on to hat.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
kpreese
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dog155
You are not alone.It is everywhere,and it is only going to get worse.Look at who is running this country for starters.It really begins at home.Hang on to hat.
Speaking of which, Clinton made HUGE strides in teaching kids that denial is the best way to go. You aren't guiltyunless someone proves it, etc. OJ didn't help either. It's epidemic. It's INSANE these days what people will do in front of people and then turn around and say "I didn't do that" (I'm not talking about in court, even little stuff). It's scary.

But it does start in the home. If kids are held accountable in the home, then those sick, mixed up signals they receive through the media will be less damaging.

Kevin

Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I can tell you that we (society) are ruining our youth.I personally would have MADE my kids be responsible WITH my foot up thier A$$.Kids don't care because parents don't live to the example.I will take responsibility and my kids have seen this .My kids WILL have thier butts whupped if they need it even if it's in the store .When parents set the bar high they will try to live up to that example.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Cognizant
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So true! It's almost as though the "system" is reversing the process of civilization and creating a country of barbarians, which they'll need as cannon fodder in their attempt at world domination.

It sickins me to know that I voted for G. Bush the first time he ran for Pres. because I believed his b.s. platform of "accountability in Govt."

Old 03-25-2007, 01:11 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

100% agree.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I love that line- "It's not fair!" It makes me laugh everytime I hear it. My mother stopped me from saying that when I was about 7. She told me this: "Fair is just another four-letter F-Word."

I hate to admit it but it's my generation of lazy, cheeto eating, soda sucking couch potatoes that is perpetuating this line of thinking. It's because they never had to show inititive and responsibility enough to get up and take care of business. I hate it to the utmost depth of my being. It's easier to play stupid and have people treat you as such and act like an adult. I just fired a kid tonight off my crew because he wouldn't step up and be a productive member of the team.

RE

RE