General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accountability

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: accountability

I agree completely as well. The lack of accountability is prevalant in so many segments of society that it is sickening. From the twinkie defense to my children are angels and could never do that. You see it in our politicans, pastors, school teachers, and many folks in between.

If someone told me my kids vandalized someone else's property and had witnesses I would offer to reimburse the victim and beat the stupid out of my kids. That is what my parents did and seemed to have turned out okay.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup world of litigation, blame and pointing fingers. no ones fault but our own...

Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 PM
recross
Tourer

Oh i didn't see him/her....must be their fault.....What's wrong here......................BC

Old 03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey F**k you all!

McDonalds did make me fat! I'm in love with Ronald, and I know that I can make him love me if I buy enough of his food!
If Ronald doesn't slip me some tongue real soon, I'm going to sue him and his burger house of ill repute!

Old 03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

People within their own families ( if that isn't an archaic term now) don't even take responsibility for themselves, or their 'own'. Integrity, Loyalty, Honesty.. the list continues of things that are simply not being taught, because they were never understood... unless there is something 'in it' for them...
And then we wonder why 'Trust' is so hard to come by...

Old 03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all part of the "pussification of America". How do you think his kids will act when they venture out into the world on their own? I think him and his kids needs a good ole fashion whoopin.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in the doctors office yesterday and was thumbing through People magazine and saw an article on a church in KC that's giving away purple "no whining" rubber bracelets. The idea is that it takes 3 weeks to permanently break a habit, and you wear it for 3 weeks then take it off. The hook is that if you whine or complain about something, you move the bracelet to the other wrist and re-set the 3 week timer. Once you haven't moved it for 3 weeks you're supposed to have a more positive outlook on life.

Or, you can **** and moan online.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Jumpman
Your lucky you didn't get arrested for something when you called cops.
Na, they wouldn't have him arrested since then you don't have as much to sue for. The accountability issue is a huge one these days, but it's become something where local rules and parents make it all to easy to "break the rules". A great story I have involves a stepdaughter of mine who was about 16 at the time. She would go over to her boyfriends house and stay overnight all the time. We had our rules and tried to stop this, but ultimately you can't lock a kid up, you can't get the police to arrest the kid or his parents without her testimony, and there is only so much you can take away as punishment when they break the rules. The beautiful part is when the boys father called me up one day to say they didn't like her sleeping over there. I launched into the guy explaining that I certainly didn't like it but it was his house and I couldn't prevent her from going there. He could. His "defense" was that his son has a lock on his door. I told him to break the damn door down and take the lock away.

I could go on about other stories involving this kid and how much his parents would bail him out of situations, but the above story is my favorite.

It really sucks that people choose to sue because a school dared to give thier kid a failing grade, or that they think their kid shouldn't be suspended for talking back to a teacher. I really believe that the movie "Idiocracy" isn't that far from the truth of what this country will become since we, as a society, are doing everything we can to enable people to not think for themselves. It seems like so many people are seeking out the "fast buck" by suing because someone didn't put a sign up saying that the top of a stove is hot.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:53 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the Best "GENERAL HARLEY DAVIDSON CHAT!"I've ever read

Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Motogo
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Hey F**k you all!

McDonalds did make me fat! I'm in love with Ronald, and I know that I can make him love me if I buy enough of his food!
If Ronald doesn't slip me some tongue real soon, I'm going to sue him and his burger house of ill repute!

Man, You are a sic puppy! But I love your signature pic...lol[sm=smiley20.gif]