General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eye wear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:08 AM
rotorhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eye wear?

I am looking for a good set of eyewear that will give me some proctection from the wind. I have been looking at the riding glasses with the foam lining around the interior of the eye pieces. What are your recommendations for glasses? Do they really provide alot of wind protection?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Bluerose
Default RE: Eye wear?

I use Wileys... They fit me the best

I recommend trying them on....it took me several tries to find something that fit.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 AM
wvrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check these out. Inexpensive and good quallity.

www.biker-glasses.com/glasses.htm

Old 03-24-2007, 01:18 AM
harleypup
Novice

I've recently bought a pair of clear lens motorcycle glasses from 'the best motorcyle glasses' that sponsor this site. They only cost $21 (and that's shipped to Australia). They are a great product that cuts out the wind without interupting peripheral vision. I have used Wiley X (2 different models) and some Eyeride goggles and the new pair are just as good (if not better) and a lot cheaper. Try them out, for the $$ you won't be dissapointed.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent way too much for the pair I got but I don't regret it. I bought the "transitions" style wrap around Harley glasses, I forget which model they were. If you ride alot, its nice to have a pair you don't have to switch out from dusk to dawn or day to night, just more convenient. Also, I have to try on glasses before I buy, to get a pair that dosen't look dorky on me and fit good enough to insure a tight fit. I bought a lot of cheap ones before I found the ones I like.
Good luck,
Rob

Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had great luck with Panoptx sunglasses. I wear contacts and like the foam seal to keep stuff out of the contacts. http://www.panoptx.com/ They are a little pricey but worth it.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:04 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the hard foam glasses with the little grooves.... they work for me................but......
you need the "wrap arounds" string....... snug the glasses to your face slightly before you yake off.
makes a big difference

Old 03-24-2007, 10:06 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wear the glasses with foam and they are great I picked mine up at a flea market .....clear and tinted both for $9.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 PM
RMBob
Cruiser

I have bought mine from here http://www.foxhillfarmleather.com/for a couple of years. They are inexpensive and the ones with the foam work good.So far Ihave not tried their goggles.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

I have two pairs of Harley Saftey Glasses because they wrap around.
I used to wear contact lenses and these glasses helped limit the wind getting between them and my eyes. I just had lasik eye surgery done and I really am looking foward to riding more now!
I believe they are the HD500 series. I wear the clear pair after the sun's gone and the mirrored during daylight.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF...&PMCTLG=00
If this link doesn't work, go to www.msc-direct.comand type in safety glasses in the search, then mfr Harley Davdison and it will give you a link to theirpage in the catalog.
Happy Riding!

Quick Reply: Eye wear?