General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:01 PM
rotorhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding Gear

Thanks for all the replys. I have found some engineering boots that I like and I will pick those up soon. I wear sunglasses when I ride and I dont have a windsheild and the wind takes its toll after a couple hours in the saddle. I have been looking at the riding glasses with the foam around the inside but I am skeptical about buying them. Do they work well or should I purchase a windshield??? Decisions, Decisions.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:56 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Riding Gear

If you haven't already pulled the fashion trigger...and it does sound like the "look" is important to you...which is great...but check out:

Red Wing Boots! They are old school tough as hell and look cool...many models...industrial use real deal boots. If you wear the lumberjack style with steel toe, be sure you're toe-heel shiter or be ready to adjust the toe lever higher. Surprisingly, I don't see too many out there (like I do those squae-toed strap "engineer-ish" boots, etc.) which to me is a good thing. Personally, I am not into becoming a rolling advertisement for any one thing...and certainly don't want to use logos etc as "status"...simple, functional, cool, classic, tough stuff.

Kinda bums me out how barnds like Carhart have suddenly (it seems) become the domain of so many "kids" (if ya know what I mean) as fashion...that's a brand I care about from my childhood hanging with my Grandpa pushing cows across the Big Horn Range to Thermopolis! <where's cookie when ya need him?> Aaaanyway, I digress...

Otherwise - today's high-tech fabrics are amazing and are built-into many of the best brands. I swear by FirstGear jackets, etc. Too many choices to list...very subjective once you are in the top tier.

Have fun out there...

SG