General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy or????

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:17 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fat Boy????

I just went to Hd's website. They have there Fat Mini Ape handle bars that are more like the soft tail custom. Do the pull back risers really make a difference? I was thinking the other handle bars for the look but if the riser is the cheaper way to go and I can lean back more I would settle for that!!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fat Boy or????

I have an '03 Fatboy, I love it but....

It would be nice to have some bags and a windshield, both can be purchased in the aftermarket but for not much more, they come standard on the Heritage Classic.

The bags are nice for overnight trips or day trips under changing weather conditions. The windshield is nice for those times you have to take the interstate.

Just something to think about but I don't don't think you can go wrong either way.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I've always loved the Fatboys so that's what I knew I wanted, no question about it. But over the course of the last 2 years it's looking more and more like a darn Heritage! I stillthink the Fatboy is one of the best looking bikes right off the floor, but the Heritage may be more bang for the buck with the shield and bags that you'll probably end up wanting anyway!

Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

We were just talking about this on another thread, if at some point you think you may want bags/windshield/backrest, I'd go with the Heritage, you're getting 2 bikes for the price of one. We did up a Heritage this winter at the shop and it's one of the hottest looking bikes I've seen. We lowered the bike all the way around, put on a Burly Bikini Beach handlebar andQuick Detach hardware for the saddlebags and backrest.

When you took off the backrest, pillion pad, bags and windshield, (and the fact that it was lowered 2") the bike was wicked, it was a completely different bike.......a cross between a Fat Boy and Deluxe. You want it back to a Heritage, it takes about 10 minutes to put all the stuff back on. It looked amazing sitting so low to the floor and I never would have thought Beach Bars would look that good on a Heritage.

BTW, the one we did up was the Black Cherry Pearl & Pewter. The 2 tone just added to the hotrod look (again, something that at first I thought wouldn't work)

Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Just don't want the wind shield and don't care for the front tire fender on the Heritage. I am going with the Fatty. Tired of losing sleep over it.lol. I just need to decide on getting new handle bars or the risers. Anyone have a picture of their Fat Boy with handle bar risers?

Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

Just don't want the wind shield and don't care for the front tire fender on the Heritage. I am going with the Fatty. Tired of losing sleep over it.lol. I just need to decide on getting new handle bars or the risers. Anyone have a picture of their Fat Boy with handle bar risers?
Great choice.I say go apes.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 AM
txfatboyz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FAT is where its at.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

Damn Rick, Now that's a hot looking bike.

Well you could have told me before I did all that typing Congrats Randall..... if it's in stock, get us some pics tomorrow

Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

WOW!!!! It's all about the Apes!!! Thanks

Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

The Harley Dealership is closed now. How much do you think it would cost to buy and install those?

Quick Reply: Fat Boy or????