General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Service Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extended Service Plans

I have the full service plan and the tire warranty. I think it's worth it. My buddy bought a new street bob and didn't get it. a week later he got a flat tire. 100 bucks to fix it and it would take 2 days. He tried to repair and replace the tube twice. Basically is without a bike for a week.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Springers have a different service mileage than most other bikes on the HD line
First one is at 500 miles.. those who have a softail owners book can look in the back and see
Next Springer's is at 2500 then at 5000, 7500, 10000 (5 friggen services to 10k)

While other softails are 1000, 5000, 10000 (3 services to 10k)

Old 03-23-2007, 02:05 AM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the warrantycovers all parts but NO labor. Check the fine print. The labor is more than the parts most of the time. My sister had the warrantyon her Sportster when she had it, she found out "labor not included" in the warranty when it broke down last year.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
hywy2hl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that is correct,; it's a $50 deductible.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser

Wasn't offered one and didn't ask for one.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

I also think the extended warranty covers any repairs regarless of any modifications (exhaust, tuners etc.) you have made to your motorcycle.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM
hywy2hl
Cruiser

Personally, I feel that it's worth it. I recently had a flat. I thought "well, now I can replace these dunlops" so I went online and ordered some Avon Venom's (Great price by the way $229, shipped in 2 days!) Then afterwards, I realized I had the extended service plan, with tire/wheel coverage. So I called my local dealer and explained the situation. They were so cool, they said "no prob we can work something out" They came and picked my bike up. The next day I brought them the tires, they put them, then delivered my bike back to me, had it shined up and get this: There was NO COST AT ALL to me. So, yes, it was worth it. I didn't have to take off my wheels and take it to cycle gear, get charged $60, put them back on. I am very happy. I know where I'll be going to get my next bike and all my necessary maintenance. Kudo's to McGuire Harley!!

Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The extended warranty does cover labor, with a $50 deductible, as hywy mentioned. Are extended warranties worth the money? Well I work at a dealership and don't have it on my bike. Buton the other hand,I've seen customers in the shop that were reallllllllll glad they had it, when something major went wrong with their bike after having it for 3 or 4 years. It's likeinsurance, some people put full coverage on their bikes, while others will buy a brand new harley and onlycarry liability. It's a personal peace of mind thing for some, while others figure "I'll take my chances". I fit into the second group.

Extended Service Plans are okay, most dealers don't discount them enough (or at all), so all you're doing is paying now, instead of when you have the work done.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Iafatboy
Stage I

I'm a bit confused. I have the extended service plan book infront of me. it mentions it covers 1,100 parts and it has a 50.00 deductable.
It does not mention anywhere that it will take care of your basic oil changes, maintance, etc.

someone please help!!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:15 AM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

I purchased a used bike a month ago, a 2004 sporty with 5000 miles on it. This was my 1st road bike and I purchased a 2 year ext warranty, I usually dont buy warranties but the dealer made it sound like a deal......and I was sold, for what it cost me....it was good for my peace of mind. I may not ever use it and I hope I dont, but because it was my 1st bike and Im learning about them and what happens to them.......

wayne

Quick Reply: Extended Service Plans