General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
EZ2Rider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????

Anyone gotten a notice or details of models effected on HD M-1204, voluntary replacement of voltage regulators on 2006 Touring Models?

Not sure if all are effected but they are said to be replacing both stock and chrome aftermarket adds.

EZ

Old 03-22-2007, 05:48 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Default RE: M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????

Just got a letter from Harley MoCo today.

Our records indicate you ar the owner of a 2006 Touring model motorcycle;FLHR/I, FLHRCI, FLHRS/I, FLHX/I, FLHT/I, FLHTCI, FLHTCUI, FLTRI, FLHPI, FLHTCUSE, FLHTCUI/SC, FLHRI Shrine, FLHTCU/I Shrine, built with a voltage regulator that contains an internal componet that may cause reduced regulator life. In interest of customer satisfaction, Harley-Davidson isoffering a no cost inspection and if required, a no cost replacement of the motorcycle's voltage regulator to the owners of 2006 Touring model motorcycles listed above, built between 11/08/05 through 3/28/06.

While this is not a safety issue, we do urge you to contact your authorized Harley-Davidson dealer to schedule an appointment to have an inspection performed to confirm the regulators date of manufacture and if required, have the product improvement service performed as soon as possible. The service will be performed at no cost to you while the vehicle is under factory warranty and will require less than one hour to perform. However, due to scheduling, the dealer may request to have your motorcycle for a longer period of time. Parts availability at your dealership will begin the week of March 19, 2007.

This no cost offer expires at the end of the two-year warranty or one year from the date of the program announcement, March 13, 2007, whichever occurs last.

To verify that the service has been completed, your dealer will ask you to sign an acknowledgement when you pick up your motorcycle.

Thank you for your cooperation. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our product.
Called the dealership and the ServiceManager said they FIRST will check the date stamped on the Regulator. And if it is one that falls within the dates of manufacture that they have for those, it will be replaced.(The date on the regulator is different from the build date of the bike)

Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

I also just got my letter from HD today in the mail. I wonder where you find the date of manufacture on the regulator.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got letter today and not to sure just how quickly to have mine replaced. You know, it's the old saw of "If it aint broke, don't fix it!" Mine was built in the fall of 05 and been on the road since Dec 05 and doing just fine. New pic showing the new SE mufflers and road dirt.