General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redwood Run 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts
Default Redwood Run 2014

This is more for the guys that live near the "left coast" but ticket prices are climbing and will be $130 at the gate.
If you've never been to the Redwood Run it's an experience, it's one of the last "old school runs" still in existence. Killer bands and beautiful women.

More information here http://www.kiwanisrwr.com/

Hopefully I can hook up for a beer and a ride with my friend Roaring Rigid when I'm there

FYI, if you're skeered of the 1% crowd, stay home.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
FYI, if you're skeered of the 1% crowd, stay home.
I thought Jax & the crew were on filming break, ?. Can they have a Redwood run without the Redwood originals?

Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got family up in McKinleyville just north of Eureka, may have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:02 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

It'll never be like the old days. My first one was in 1979. Been to a few more since then. I'm thinking 1991 was my last. Hope you have a great time & thanks for the info.
Damn Skippy, $130.00, WTF!!! Actually getting there was the fun, a lot of watering holes on the way up.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 761 Posts

My last Redwood Run was in 1981, I want to get back there next year.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

I go two or three years in a row then give it a break for a while. Managed to go last year and it was epic. My first one was in 84 but the best one I ever attended was in 95 (maybe cause I was young).

Sedona Orange; times are changing and you're right, it will never been like it was 30 years ago but it's still one hell of a party. I remember when it was $25 to get in! and yes, getting there is a kick in the ***. Some of the best scenery in the world and some killer watering holes along the way.

Now, get off your old ***, wipe the dust off that camping gear, get yourself a ticket and meet me for a beer!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:02 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Used to live up in those parts, never went on the run though. Might have to this year...

$110 per ticket??? Ya get a free oil change with that???

Last edited by bjewell; 02-04-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:59 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,345 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Last Redwood Run was either '93 or '94 (started going in 1979). Took my wife (then girlfriend) on my 52 pan. We left the Bay Area (on a Friday) and it rained the entire way...I mean serious rain. By the time we got to our cheap-*** motel we literally poured the water out of our shoes/boots and huddled up next to a wall heater. Saturday and Sunday it was great weather.

Wow...steep prices on tickets. From I remember then it was only like 25-30/per ticket.

Riding in that area is truly amazing. Some of the tallest rewoods I have ever seen.

1%ers are never a problem unless you are looking for trouble (like Surgis or Laughlin in that respect).

Great party with a lot of good music and good people out to have some serious fun. If you live west of the Rockies or can take the time for the run it is one of the best bang-for-your-bucks trips that you will ever have.

Last edited by panz4ever; 02-04-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,987 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Last Redwood Run was either '93 or '94 (started going in 1979). Took my wife (then girlfriend) on my 52 pan. We left the Bay Area (on a Friday) and it rained the entire way...I mean serious rain. By the time we got to our cheap-*** motel we literally poured the water out of our shoes/boots and huddled up next to a wall heater. Saturday and Sunday it was great weather.

Wow...steep prices on tickets. From I remember then it was only like 25-30/per ticket.

Riding in that area is truly amazing. Some of the tallest rewoods I have ever seen.

1%ers are never a problem unless you are looking for trouble (like Surgis or Laughlin in that respect).

Great party with a lot of good music and good people out to have some serious fun. If you live west of the Rockies or can take the time for the run it is one of the best bang-for-your-bucks trips that you will ever have.
We crossed paths a few times then , I quit going when the tickets hit $75 and they started picking & choosing who got in Friday night to get the choice camp spots . Never mattered I always got my spot in the shade with Oakland chapter but it was damned annoying when they started those games .

That said it was always a hell of a good time with lots of day riding in the surrounding areas if that was your thing .

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM
31choptop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually the Kern River run is more like the old days parties. NO vendors allowed, no money needed but for your own beer,food etc. old skool and kool!! Red dog and lovely Patty are on the road and new caretakers are in charge. met lots of people ,made some friends and hadda blast. thats the way it should be!

Quick Reply: Redwood Run 2014