General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redwood Run 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Mountain Cruiser
Banned
Received 502 Likes on 321 Posts

I ain't ever been, but I heard stories of sex, drugs and rock-n-roll so we are going to need some pictures for confirmation.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
airborne96delta
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on going but $220 for me and the OL is pretty steep and cuts into my beer money. Anyone been there in the last few years have advice on how much cash you need on hand for beer and food in the event?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I want to go- but Husband says no. I did get him to agree to the Kernville run this year though. It's a lot cheaper than the RWR, but no big name bands.

Last time we went, we stayed at the Super 8 in Willits the night before (approx. $80/night); they had plenty of food for sale there at OK prices. I can't remember the price for beer, but I think it was OK also. Just be aware, that's a dry camp, meaning NO WATER. They sell bottled water there, but they ran out after we bought ours. I would bring some.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 PM
airborne96delta
Advanced

Good to know. Thanks. Is it easy to get to a store from the campgrounds if I don't pack it with me?

We want to do the Kern run, but only get to do one a year and we've never been up that far north so redwood it is this year, but if the prices stay high like this it will probably be the only time.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:25 PM
macafly
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went in '07 and '09. It's a blast, big time party. There's a store about 4 miles north of the show, toward Garberville. Signs say "no outside alcohol", but me and most other people bungied cases of beer and rode right past the entry gates with no issues.

The area is a natural amphitheater and the Eel River is just a few steps away with warm enough water to swim even in early June. It's a big HA party/reunion and they are given early entry on Thursday night to avoid any questions about where to camp. They're fine, mostly keep to themselves. Once in awhile some dumbass will get liquored up and f with them. Big mistake and the fallout ain't pretty.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM
airborne96delta
Advanced

What's a good time to line up in the morning on Friday? We're staying in Willets Thursday night. Where did you like camping at the site? Thought about somewhere near the hill if anything is available, but maybe that's too busy for a Saturday morning hangover? There are spots on the east side of the lower area that look good. Any opinions?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain

chose a site that gets some afternoon shade if possible

Old 05-11-2014, 11:17 PM
LANGEFIFL
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would really love to make it this year! Is that the only place to camp in the area? I know that is where all the action is....but shade would be nice too! I've done the dry camping too much, and I am become an old *****!

Old 05-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Your going to want to get there as early as you can if you want a nice shady spot. There are people who camp outside the gate the night before so they will get the best spots first. When you get in, just ride around until you find something that you can live with for two nights.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,922 Likes on 3,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelfire36
I want to go- but Husband says no. I did get him to agree to the Kernville run this year though. It's a lot cheaper than the RWR, but no big name bands.

Last time we went, we stayed at the Super 8 in Willits the night before (approx. $80/night); they had plenty of food for sale there at OK prices. I can't remember the price for beer, but I think it was OK also. Just be aware, that's a dry camp, meaning NO WATER. They sell bottled water there, but they ran out after we bought ours. I would bring some.
Curious why the husband says "no"?
If it's because of the crowd then I understand it's not for everyone... I've been going for years and yes, I've seen a few fights and stuff but overall it's one hell of a great time.

I usually setup camp and then go riding until the night time activities start. Epic riding bands and people all around on that run.

OS

Quick Reply: Redwood Run 2014