General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting a "Bike Night"

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014 | 11:31 AM
Mcdave
|
Tourer
Default Starting a "Bike Night"

We live in a small town, but there are a lot of riders here.
Would like to have a Bike Night at a local tavern during the riding season. Our season is short but sweet, so we try to ride as much as possible.
Any suggestions on how, when, who, what to do to get this rolling?

Old 02-01-2014 | 12:53 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

Maybe the local establishment should advertise a "Bike Night" with drink or meal specials; then you and your buddies start hanging out...when you're not riding and all...

Old 02-01-2014 | 01:00 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior

Ask the local bars if one of them would host the bike night and then pass the word around. As it gets more riders the bar will probably advertise and it will only grow (hopefully) from there.

Old 02-01-2014 | 01:04 PM
xracer110
Road Captain

Im in the middle of creating bike rides [ same thing sorta ] My plan is to create a ride the 2nd sat of the month for the summer. Im in the process of mapping out routes with interesting stops or views any direction up to 300 miles. Im using my friends and surrounding dealers for ideas and places to eat ect. Im then having a mass email, text, local bar facebook page etc. and this forum to reach others. My goal is to get a group of people to ride and to look forward to the next one! Thats why I picked once a month, It has time to grow and not get boring.
If Iwas planning a bike night, Maybe I would work with the bar and get drink specials or a ride in bike show [free entry] and give top 5 bikes a burger or drinks. But I would make the nights about the BIKES, not everybody wants to party! The most successful ones Ive seen were family friendly untill a certain time say 8pm. I have not considered a bike night but I would think If you had 8-10 of your buddies, consistent location, donated prizes, food drink specials, word of mouth, internet, hd dealer flyers ect. it would take off. Ive allready have about 50 interested in my rides. if 1/2 show up im happy. hope my thoughts put an idea in your head.

Old 02-01-2014 | 04:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

I would do a city council meeting and see how they and the local PD feel about it before you invest much time & effort , those 2 can **** on your good time parade real quick with nasty repercussions .

Old 02-01-2014 | 10:12 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master

If you want to get support make it family friendly and have some stuff for kiddies too like bounce house. Find a BBQ vendor and ask him to come out. Most will come to you for events. Have a bike show with some prizes and/or a charity bike wash. Get local Harley shop to sponsor it they can bring models down to let people do test rides. Find a local southern rock cover band. Stuff like that should get you going.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:08 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

the local rice jockeys post adds on craig's list and they meet at the same place every week.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:21 AM
oct1949
Club Member

Don't just get stuck on that it had to be at a bar, lot of people don't drink and ride..

Our town's local Hot Rod club meets at our Frisch's Big-Boy every Tues night and has for yrs.

Old 02-02-2014 | 07:24 AM
sunderhill
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Try starting a meetup group. Works well here.
www.meetup.com

Old 02-10-2014 | 10:14 AM
Mcdave
|
Tourer

Has anyone organized one of these?
I would think a weeknight, wed or thurs, would be best for safety and for best attendance. Fri. and Sat. can get crazy and people have things to do on weekends. (like ride) Maybe a short ride to the tavern before the "Bike Night" is the way to go?
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Starting a "Bike Night"