Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Partial stage one install

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 AM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Partial stage one install

Last Friday I decided to jump in with both feet and stage one my FXSTDI, Deuce that is. First I downloaded the SERT tuning software on a laptop. I made sure my computer was XP,2000,ME,98 or NT 4.0, mine was XP. I loaded the CD and after a few moments the install program launched. I installed the race tuner, data mode and user guide. The next thing was to load the map that was the closest to my configuration, mine happened to be 127HO103-B0.MT6. At this point I could alter the loaded map, I chose to leave it as is. The next thing was to remove the M/C seat and find the four pin connector. The connector branches about 3 to 4 inches away from the ECM. The SERT kit comes with the SERT module and two cables. I connected up according to the instructions then selected PROGRAM ECM from the software menu. A new box opens and this is where you select your com port in the com port menu. The ignition switch was turned on waiting about ten seconds for the ECM to register with the SERT. I clicked get ECM info button to make sure I had connectivity and sure enough my VIN, ECM PN and other info showed up. I was now ready for the down load, I pressed the Program ECM button and after about a minute it was done. The ignition was turned off and left off for ten seconds per instructions. I took this time to switch out the stock A/C with the new one, a nut and bolt affair nothing too difficult. It took about an hour and a half.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26119/CACBD260E18047D0ACDC2590766B6CE3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26119/1C69C108CB544960AEE4B005659D2368.jpg[/IMG]

My impressions:
The SERT was very easy to load on the laptop and loading maps was a cinch.
The SERT module plugged in the bike harness no problem
The bike ran well with no problems with improved performance and throttle response
The instructions were very easy to follow except one glitch the A/C diagram shows the gasket orientated the wrong way.
Looking foward to changing out the slip ons for added performance