General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any you Cali Guys there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:46 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
I think his peeve has to do with the fact that nowhere in the thread title or post is the subject of the thread. For all any of us knew, it was a link to a Kuryakyn ad.

Since you work in an ABATE office do you know if a law maker has actually proposed a reflective vest law? If so, do you have a name / names? I keep hearing about it but can't even find a legislative analysis. If it's true, than those people need to hear from all of us.
In my state there has been no such law proposed yet not sure about Cali but easy enough to find out.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:52 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
That's the stupidest article I've ever read. "Hells Angels standing peaceably next to Booze Fighters and Henchmen next to Miscreants". None of those are rival clubs. They are are all friendly with each other and work on events and fundraisers together all the time. The problem with this article is that it could lead one to believe that these clubs are at war and are shooting each other up all the time.

The writer claims to be a biker and knowledgeable about these things.

Now if it was Hells Angels standing peaceably next to Vagos that would be news.
Yea the writer did go overboard focusing on the clubs standing near each other... Im talking about how it was good to see the turnout of bikers come together and get involved cause no joke if the politicians have their way you will be riding with a fluorescent jumpsuit with hockey pads and giant moonbeam light on your helmet.. or worse lose out like aussie bikers those guys down under are getting harassed bigtime club or no club..

Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Yea the writer did go overboard focusing on the clubs standing near each other... Im talking about how it was good to see the turnout of bikers come together and get involved cause no joke if the politicians have their way you will be riding with a fluorescent jumpsuit with hockey pads and giant moonbeam light on your helmet.. or worse lose out like aussie bikers those guys down under are getting harassed bigtime club or no club..
This is the closest thing I could find off the NHTSA website. I have no problem with any of this. Making your voice heard is a good thing. I do feel we need to avoid the sky is falling mentality. There are in fact no proposed laws about clothing. Certainly we don't want to get to that point but we also don't want to lose credibility by crying about issues that (at this point) don't exist.

We want motorcyclists to be aware of how conspicuity issues affect their safety and prepare accordingly. We would like states to reconsider regulations that prohibit proven and safe conspicuity-enhancing modifications to lighting systems.

Recommendations
• Conduct research to determine why other motorists fail to see and identify motorcyclists and implement countermeasures.

• Encourage motorcyclists to enhance their conspicuity.

• Encourage manufacturers to make motorcycle apparel and parts conspicuous.

• Reconsider state requirements that prohibit safe conspicuity-enhancing modifications, including safe modification to lighting systems.

• Conduct research on the effect of automobile DRL on motorcycle safety.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,247 Likes on 12,064 Posts

You do have to wear a floursecent vest when riding on a military base.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

Damn. It's too late.

I guess I can't claim I was there, now.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:14 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Push push shove shove. "conspicuity", what an ugly word. You have to spit it, and it's already registered as a company anyway.

Get your black motorcycle and accessories while they last.
Lime green chrome coming up.
They want bad boys in yellow vests.
Even Jay Leno says "you should wear a ff on these older bikes since they're more dangerous". "you"?

Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Why do you guys in California elect these type of people into office in the first place ? No wonder I hate that state. I also have to wonder how many of these people protesting their state government actually voted to begin with ?
http://www.sos.ca.gov/administration...ries/db14-094/ The people of California need to rally, get out and vote and take YOUR government back.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Dezz
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're too busy to vote, out doing dope Cali chit lol

Old 12-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

It sounds cliche' but our "biker lifestyle" has been in jeopardy now for awhile. As legislators try to chip away one freedom at a time, it's important to show solidarity, (especially in the wake of the Waco fiasco). Problem is, there are those who just don't care, those who will vote strictly party lines and don't even think to ask about how their candidate stands on motorcycle issues, and those who have simply given up. Then there are the ones who seem to want restrictions placed on other motorcyclists.

I have been to Abate events over the years and turn out has not been that great. And there are those who won't be around any event where there might be clubs present. (Yes, I have seen some pick up and leave as soon as they see a few prospects show up!). We used to have a semi-successful Abate toy run around here but that local has since shut down and now it is an AMA event. It looks like this rally at the capital has been taken over by another group (maybe COC?) not sure. Lot's of different fragments of MROs all with slightly different agendas but mostly the same goals in mind. There just doesn't seem to be enough cooperation between these groups (IMO).

Thankfully, this Unification Rally is gaining speed. We'll probably be there if weather permits riding out to Sac. Or, if too cold/rainy might just go in the car.

FYI... the Easyriders show is the same day, just down the street at the convention center...Fryed Brothers will be playing there

Old 12-15-2015, 01:11 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
???? Yea I have a clue Im a volunteer office in my local ABATE have been for years been involved since 1977. What's your pet peeve trying to keep freedoms??
I doubt very seriously if he has a problem with that, he just wanted more info before he took a chance on opening the link. I guess you could say that I was in the same boat.

Quick Reply: Any you Cali Guys there?