General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
heritage3dale8
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Mike....glad you are still alive to tell this to us. I can only imagine the pain and difficulties of everyday tasks. Easy on the medication, work hard on the physical therapy and get a good lawyer! Hopefully you and your witness will be able to testify against the ******* in the truck and win big $$$. Injuries like this can be rough on your finances even with insurance so get all you can and don't let the insurance companies push you around.
Good luck, God Bless and hope you can ride again soon.
Take care

Old 03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
L3ft2
Road Captain

Mike,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We Hope you heal well and heal fast!

US Navy Riders in S. Korea

Old 03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
surveyor
Cruiser

Mike thanks for sharing your horrid experience. Hope it never happens to me or anyone else on this forum but the sad reality is that it probably will. I would say you are very lucky to be alive and you can thank the man upstairs for that.Hope your recovery goes well.
Good luck

Old 03-18-2007, 07:03 PM
defenderp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow--don't really know what to say...
I'm really glad you are OK. It takes a bunch of courage to go through what you have and to put it all out here for everyone else is admirable.
Truely hope to ride with you someday.
Ed

Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 PM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You seem like one of the few good folk left in this world and It gives me the warm fuzzies that you are able to share your story. We all get in a hurry esp in this current day and age. The fooqr that caused you the current state of crapness will get his soon if it already has not happened.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. (borrowed from Desiderata)

I sometimes wonder if I'm doing the 'right thing' everytime I go out for a ride. Your story only solidifies my answer. God damn3d right. Yes I have a beautiful wife and 2 gorgeous young boys. Would I do anything for them? Absolutely. Have I dreamt about a Harley since I remember? Yep. Shall I give up my dream because there are some risks? NEVER. If there is one thing I can leave for my family it would be to live life as if this is your only chance. Don't know about y'all... but this is the only chance i'm aware of.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad that you are still around to share your story with us. I always say, try to keep your life in order, tomorrow may never come.
You have a great wife that understands your passion for bikes. Good luck on your road to recovering and therapy, my prayers are with you and the child that you mentioned in your story.

Take Care

Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

Ouch, what a painfull story. You are taking it so well, and I wish you the best.

I think God has given you another chance and an angel for a wife. You have your answer, and seem to know.

Did the pickemup driver visit and beg your forgiveness? If not, then darkness awaits him even though you might not wish it.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:04 AM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm flabbergasted. I've read many of your posts before and never knew this happened. I hope and pray for a full and speedy recovery.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:07 AM
Tinker Bell
Banned

Hey Mike, I'm sure you have plenty of family and friends to help out but if there is anything that you might need or anything that I can help you with, just drop me a PM or an email and I'll do what I can.

Keep on a keepin on brother.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:59 AM
bigtop1
Road Master

You are, no doubt, an inspiration to us all. God speed. Know that your words and the words of others here are being heeded, appreciated and, respected. Thank you for sharing with us.

[/align]

Quick Reply: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.