Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Damn... really glad you are still visiting the planet..!! Your list brought back some nasty memories... & I have only respect for your keeping your head up ! ( Catheters are THE biggest reason to be Nice tothe Nurses!!)

Continued Blessings...

Old 03-17-2007, 01:56 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Very awe inspiring yet humbling story. You have much to be thankful for sir. Our prayers go out to you and your loved ones...

Old 03-17-2007, 01:59 PM
E DOGG
Road Master

If GOD'S INTENTIONS were for you to UPGRADE to a STREETGLIDE...Who's to Argue!!!!!!!!!

Get Well SOON !!!!!!!!

STREETGLIDERZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! UNITE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
azrider
Advanced

God bless, God speed and thanks for the powerful reminder of what is really important.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:21 PM
tourman
Cruiser

You don't think God has answered you?????? What more do you need to see??

Old 03-17-2007, 02:27 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First thank you for taking the time to post that for us. It sure give us all a lot to think about and is a great reminder to us all to not take anything for granted. Second, THANK GOD YOU ARE ALIVE! My thoughts are with you and your family as you recover. If you need anything please, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:28 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, and awesome and well-told story! We should all be inspired by your strength and courage. I had a similar event in May of 2001 that to this day causes me to wonder 'why am I still here?' Two months later, my girlfriend and I were at the dealer shopping for my next bike. I appreciate every day that I am here and hope that in some way, my existence here is inspiring someone else as you have me today. Here's to a speedy recovery and back in the saddle soon.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
kmrutledge
Cruiser

God Bless you and your family. Hope you feel better each day.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Mike, I share the feelings and words of everyone else here on this forum and I am thankful that you are alive to share your story with us all. We are fortunate that you are able to remind us of the dangers of our sport and the passion that we share doing what welove. We truely need to live each day as it was our last and believe in God's plan for each of us. There is no second chance when the day of reckoning comes and I amglad to see that your eyes have been opened. Good luck with your recovery and I hope that you are riding again verysoon.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

Yes, surely God has kept me alive, and maybe so just to recognize I forgot about him morebe than he would have liked.

Maybe it was simply to get the Street Glide.

I apologoze my wife didn't come and post about the incident here as she did most other sites but I think she assumed when she saw HD under my 'favorites' she assumed this to be a true HD site, and not a forum. She apologizes as well.

If I seriously just helped *one* other person be more alert, take less for granted or show their family a little more love then I did something great with my accident.

I hope to a my SG for at least short rides around the neighborhood in a month.Not so much to hurry up and ride but use it as something to work towards. I will be renting a bike or 2 before I ride mine, so I can gain confidence and also learn what muscle groups I need to work on to safely ride. Trust me, as bad as I want to get out with my boys and as many rides that are coming, I will NOT be the cause of putting myself or someone else through what I went through.

Besides, why wreck my own bike?

Quick Reply: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.