Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default RE: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Mike,

My headsstill spinning from all theemotions that went through me while reading your story. The bottom line is that you are still with us and we thank God for that.I truly believe that you'll be at 100% in a shorttime; why?-Because you have a truly wonderful wife who is giving youall the support you'll need to get back on that bike.

If we can pass simple, make-you-feel-good laws in this country, why can't we passdrinking while driving laws that do something to protect the innocent.

My hopes and prayers are with you and your family for a fast and full recovery.

God bless.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 AM
RanD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: lenrough

When you heal and finally climb aboard that new 'Glide, just take a deep breath, thank the big rider upstairs, put one fist in the air and don't look back.
While reading through the replies, I was looking for something that comes close to describing the way I feel after having readMike'spost. Len....I could not think of a better way to say what I want to say. So Mike.....what Len said and God Bless!!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, my heart goes out to you and your family. Good luck and God speed with your recovery.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Lisaaahhh
Road Master

I'm glad you're still with us, my friend. And perhaps part of the reason why is so you can share your story as you did, and remind each of us that life is precious, and every day is a gift.

Thank you, and sending you the very best wishes on your recovery. Enjoy that new ride.

~Lisa~

Old 03-17-2007, 12:38 PM
hssatx
Advanced

The Lord has a plan for youu.........Wishing you a very speedy recovery. God bless you.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:39 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, it sounds like you're lucky to be alive. I hope you can find a way to sue the **** out of the driver. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to hear some road tales once you're back on your bike.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow ... Thank you for your story. It's a perfect example of how vulnerable we are out there on our bikes as well as how precarious our hasty lives can be to cause such a devastating scenario. We are all at risk and we are all guilty of being in a hurrywhen driving our vehicles. It's a lesson to us all.

Speedy recovery!

Old 03-17-2007, 01:02 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Angry_Inch

While I never was and will probably never be a religious man I was able to find God again. (I also realized the many, MANY friends and family I do have after the numerous vists, hundreds of cards and thousands of emails, and promised myself to never take this for granted. Never.) God hasn’t answered me yet but I hope he does, at least someday.
Mike, that's where you're wrong. God has already answered you. He has given you the strength, fortitude, and will to live. Through him, he has also given you the wisdom, want, and desire to share this story with the rest of us. In reading your story, Mike, I can't help but be impressed with your gift of the written word. You are a true wordsmith.

Without question, near death and/or life changing (threatening) events tend to have a profound impact upon the manner in which we view life and everything around us thereafter. Each and every one of us - as hard as we may tryor like to think that we do - just don't take the time to 'stop and smell the roses'; so to speak. We don't realize just how quickly everything we know and everyone we love can be taken away in the blink of an eye.

You're in our prayers, Mike. May you continueforward onboth yourpath of recovery and spiritual discovery.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome back from the brink. Hearing your story reminds me of going through the same with a close friend who is back riding now and appreciating it morethan ever. I wish the same health and happiness for you, but it sounds like your familyand strength have already guaranteed that.Peace.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:18 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Dude, you are one lucky **** to be alive. Get healed up and worry about a new scoot later. We'll all still be here waiting to see pics of it.

Quick Reply: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.