Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Motogo
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.

Sorry to here about your crash, glad you survived and are on the mend. Now you can join C.O.B.B.. Check it out, If you have'nt heard of it, Google it. My brother joined after his wreck.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
MSgtJoe
Tourer

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy sh*t Mike,I wondered where you went.So sorry to hear about your terrible accident,but I'm also glad your still around bro.Hang in there,& we're here if you need us

Old 03-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

Well spoken, Godspeed for your recovery.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:47 AM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Glad your still with us. . . Best wishes.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

First, thanks to EVERYONEfor your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I had an unreal amount of support from so many people nationwide, and I am still flabbergasted! I received over 500 cards (some with checks, which have been returned- thanks anyways!), let alone mention all the emails and forum postings. Incredible, and mostly from folks I have never met. That says something about our community and I will forever defend her.

I wanted to give a quick update as to my condition. I completed speach therapy last week, and finished occupational therpay today. I have improved tremendously. My thoughts are much clearer, my strength has grown by leaps, and I don't shake as bad as I did... not even close. I do still have this damned bag, as I am still draining a good bit.. and the junk around my liver might be infected, the tests are Monday.. and I might get the bag removed! Yipee!

The chitty part of all this is since I haven't worked, nor my wife for a few weeks money is growing tighter than anticipated so I might not be able to get the Street Glide I was loathing. I had a quick thought of getting an import.. and that thought lasted for about 2 seconds. I figure I could wait and get one later.. but I have already missed too much riding time. So I am chomping at the bit, and get near tears everytime a Harley rumbles by..

But anyway, thanks to all! I will keep everyone informed as to my condition and status, but forgive me if I am not around as often.

It hurts reading about these belovedmachines and no longer have one in my garage for my immediate usage.

Much Love,

Mike/Inch

Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Gotta agree with 'Tourman'. I'm not by any means a religious man, but if there is a God, and you don't think he's answered you yet, I don't think you're paying close enough attention. You're obviously sufficiently recovered that you're looking at replacing the WG, and continuing on with riding. You are now aware that you have more friends than you dared dream of, and sounds like you've got a helluva of a supportive wife there. I think most women would forbid their husbands to ever ride again, after an incident like that. Sounds like God has answered you repeatedly, IMHO. Sounds like a heckuva rough experience, but one that has made you appreciate what you've got. Hard way to learn, but glad you appreciate it.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn Mike! Whew what a story! Glad ya still with us, and if youare like me, you will be a little tenative once ya get back on and it gets better, slowly. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My thoughts and prayers to you and yours bro. Get well soon and get the breeze on your knees!

Rax

Old 04-10-2007, 11:49 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

Mike, You my friend are one tough rascal. I can't even imagine the pain you have and endured and the pain you are still experiencing. Your spiritual search has awaken in me many emotions also. I forget sometimes that my greatest riches are not my bikes or other things, but the folks around me that enrichen my life.

After reading your post and the many replys from people here on the board, I truly believe you are a rich man.

Hang in there! Healing will come. ...I can do all things through Him who gives me strength... (Can't remember the ref.)

FD

Quick Reply: I lived -barely-, WG didn't.