General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my Cage

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:36 AM
6speed51
Road Captain
Received 102 Likes on 54 Posts

I also have a Road King just for transportation.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:44 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and forgot to say, I HATE driving a car. Which made the decision that little bit easier......

Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy slim
something has to go as I'm skint,
I can't get back to my Spanish hide away due to lack of money, but my UK place is in the town so I can walk to get groceries and stuff, so I can do without the car.
did anyone else notice that he said he was broke, and yet he has 2 places to live, in 2 different countries no less?

we should all be so lucky.

at least you can walk to get your groceries and stuff. can't do that here where i live, and there isn't any mass transit system, so if the weather really sucks, then you either suck it up (riding to work) or you go hungry.....

Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

You need to either live some place with a very good mass transit system, or decent weather year 'round to pull that off.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master

Originally Posted by skratch
did anyone else notice that he said he was broke, and yet he has 2 places to live, in 2 different countries no less?

we should all be so lucky.

at least you can walk to get your groceries and stuff. can't do that here where i live, and there isn't any mass transit system, so if the weather really sucks, then you either suck it up (riding to work) or you go hungry.....
I lived in Spain for seven years, then moved back to the UK so my G/F wasn't homeless.

The place I had in Spain is still available for me to rent, but running two places, one on mortgage and one on rent is difficult.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:59 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master

Hoping that the funds from my car sale will at least allow me a couple of weeks back in Spain, but at the moment I'm not sure it will.........

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My job gives me a company gas card and car allowance so I have to drive my truck everyday. I usually ride in on Fridays though. If it wasn't for that I would ride everyday and probably would only have my truck for hauling stuff. I also car pool with my wife and I don't think she would be too happy riding in on the bike everyday. She would if I owned a road king or a bagger but not with my wide glide, haha.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Have fun with the bike OP. Been doin the bike as sole transport for 7 years. Thankfully if the bike is down we have a local transit bus.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

I lived in Spain for seven years, then moved back to the UK so my G/F wasn't homeless.

The place I had in Spain is still available for me to rent, but running two places, one on mortgage and one on rent is difficult.
please don't think that i was making light of your situation. just sounded a little ironic is all. i know i sure would't be able to afford a home here, and renting in another state, let alone another country.

good luck to you, and hope that it works out for you. but if selling your car doesn't net you much, then is it worth it to get rid of it?

Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

When I was in my 20's, for 5 years,my bikes were my sole means of transportation.
Luckily, I lived in Florida, and 1 of those years in Georgia. it really sucked during Hurricane season.
It was nice to have friends who would take you to the grocery store, and other places when you needed to carry ****.

Quick Reply: Sold my Cage