General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I'm definitely getting a kick out of this thread. But, more than likely, not for the same reasons as most of you. So the guy dresses from head to toe in HD gear? Who gives a ****? Why do you care? How does it impact you? Did you buy his threads? Do you pay his bills? I almost find such dissent somewhat ironic. I mean, we're all Harley enthusiasts here. Why in the world would we begrudge someone who - on whatever level - wanted to be part of that association? Be it through his dress with no bike or what have you? Further to the point, you can't freakin' tell me that there hasn't been something in each of your lives that you always wanted but perhaps couldn't attain; be it for financial reasons, marital reasons, kids, and the like? I've seen folks with collectibles of all sorts of crap. Why? Because they held their interest. Are they to be looked down upon because they didn't have the real deal by those who did? According to some of you folks, yes they would. So a guy likes Harley crap, big freakin' deal. More power to him. Hell, we all do; in some form or fashion. Just because we happen to 'own' Harley's doesn't - in my view - give us license to basically judge everyone else out there who either doesn't or can't for whatever reasons. Harley is as American as apple pie; and it sure as hell ain't exclusive to solely riders any longer (be that good, bad, or indifferent). Merely my take.
You know Tx I seem to remember a thread not to long ago were somebody was griping because somebody actually owned a Harley but refused to wear any Logo merchandise. I believe Annubisss just got his first T-Shirt by the way. Me, I love the stuff. In fact I just ordered a Horny Toad T-Shirt, 37.00 friggin dollars including shipping. Cool looking T-Shirt. [:@]

So, lets see if you and I can understand people here.

1. You own a Harley but no Logo merchandise -- Real Biker???
2. You own a Harley and wear the logo merchandise -- RUB???
3. You wear the Harley logo clothes but don't own a bike -- Poser???

Seems to me there is a commonality amongst all three and that is Harley-Davidson, so we ALL fit nicely into all three catagories. We all love Harley-Davidson and we all support the company as best we can.

Some guys value their relationships with their wives more than their bike, I for one do. If wearing the clothes for the love of the brand is about as good as it will get for them, then so be it. Face it, the more clothes they sell, the more money they make. The more money they make the more solvent the company. The more solvent the company the longer it will be around. I can go on with"The more..."for a long time, but everybody gets the point.

Instead of laughing at him, people should be thanking him.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'm a real biker! []

the thread is funny

Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Never will understand why so many find Posers or Wannabes sooo facinating and humourous to see. They are regular people with great taste, just (perhaps) no means of getting what you already have. Have a heart!

Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
ezglider
Cruiser

Crazy how a humorous story turned into all out forum war. Thanks for the entertainment though. It helped kill10 minutes of my work hour and my weekend is now that much closer .

Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Cessna172
Cruiser

10 - 1 he was pullin' on your rope. Tryin' to get you to scratch your head and write a post. This guy was given you all the "right" answers. Any telltale items like bugs in the teeth (on glasses), shifter mark on boots, windblown?

Yea, I agree with the others that he was havin' you on.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ezglider

Crazy how a humorous story turned into all out forum war. Thanks for the entertainment though. It helped kill10 minutes of my work hour and my weekend is now that much closer .
Unamed: Providing Strife and entertainment since 1980

Old 03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
LTrain
Road Master

A lot of folks in this thread say that basically it is wrong to pay attention to what people wear/their clothes. However, isn't it basically true that the guy who puts on all the HD stuff or all the whatever stuff is putting it on for the exact reason that he wants people to pay attention to it?

I really don't care what you wear, and I'm generally too shy/offended by people to talk to them anyway, I just thought it was a funny situation: don't pay attention to the guy looking for attention.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:36 PM
LTrain
Road Master

ORIGINAL: harleyjammer1200

Maybe.......just came from a costume party??? [sm=confused06.gif]
Maybe I'm a RUB or Poser or Poseur or whatever, but here's one of my tales. My buddy Doug asked to borrow my "biker" jacket for Halloween last year. No problem. Here's where I got weird: I gave him the jacket but asked him, "Please don't wipe any of the dead bugs off, I'm kind of proud of them."

Even I think that's weird. BTW, he didn't wipe the bugs off and he said he had a great time at the party.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: Eyespy
So a few internet forum bikers have a laugh over some non-biker all duded out in biker gear. And you take offense. Who cares if they find that odd or joke about it? It's no skin off your back.

damned IFB's!!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 06:45 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: LTrain

ORIGINAL: harleyjammer1200

Maybe.......just came from a costume party??? [sm=confused06.gif]
Maybe I'm a RUB or Poser or Poseur or whatever, but here's one of my tales. My buddy Doug asked to borrow my "biker" jacket for Halloween last year. No problem. Here's where I got weird: I gave him the jacket but asked him, "Please don't wipe any of the dead bugs off, I'm kind of proud of them."

Even I think that's weird. BTW, he didn't wipe the bugs off and he said he had a great time at the party.
LMAO. I guess I'm one too. I hate it when a good, well worn jacket has to be finally given up and replaced by a shinny new black one. I feel like everyone is looking at me!!! [:'(]

Quick Reply: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?