General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

I'm kinda on board with Tx on this one, and whoever noted that he had a CAT hat. I've got a boss snow plow hat, and even had a boss snow plow license plate on my mustang for a while (now its a truck and an HD plate). I have never owned a Boss snow plow, I just like the hat/plate that says BOSS on it. I've also got a Green Bay Packers hat, and jersey, and numerous tshirts even though I've never played a down for them. Might be one thing if the guy was wearing leather chaps, which serve a function while riding and carrying a helmet around, then you might call him a poser, pretending to be something he's not. But chain, boots, doo rag, tshirt, those are just clothes (okay you can argue the boots and doo rag, but really, they're just boots and a goofy looking hat) not riding gear. I ride in jeans. I often ride in a jean jacket. I wear redwing work boots for riding. But I ride. So what? Just because he can't work his wife around to a bike doesn't mean anything. Just a dude that likes harleys. My son is 11 and he loves the new nightster sportster. Has a picture of it on his wall and he'd wear a nightster tshirt if they had them I'm sure. He doesn't wear a doo rag because he thinks they're laughable, and has told me if he ever catches me in one he'll deny he's my son. So if he wears hd stuff is he a poser? Nah. Just a guy who likes nightsters (and he already chose his, black with the reflectors off!). Let's face it boys, just because we actually own harleys doesn't make us anything but more wealthy and more blessed than the average joe.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Radical
Tourer

Guys I think he's putting one over on you...he admits he doesn't have a bike and his wife won't let him....come on not even the weakest poser would admit that stuff...never happened.....but what did happen is a great sale job. Been laughing at the responses....best thread of the day.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

Well, I get a kick out of your reply. So a few internet forum bikers have a laugh over some non-biker all duded out in biker gear. And you take offense. Who cares if they find that odd or joke about it? It's no skin off your back.

BTW, if the dude also had the helmet and goggles, in addition to the other garb, would that be okay to post and ridicule even just a little?
First time I've heard the term " internet forum bikers". Good one. Even better than RUB.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the self proclaimed "Harley Fashion Police" I felt it was my duty to inform the members of this forum to this glaring insult to our way of life!

Seriously guys itis all in good fun, have a laugh and leave it at that, lol. I need to start having disclaimers on this stuff.

Just like its not any of my buisness what people wear, dont wear, wish they could wear, or used to wear, I reserve my right to be non politicaly correct and asoffensive as i see fit. Thank you for your time.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I'm definitely getting a kick out of this thread. But, more than likely, not for the same reasons as most of you. So the guy dresses from head to toe in HD gear? Who gives a ****? Why do you care? How does it impact you? Did you buy his threads? Do you pay his bills? I almost find such dissent somewhat ironic. I mean, we're all Harley enthusiasts here. Why in the world would we begrudge someone who - on whatever level - wanted to be part of that association? Be it through his dress with no bike or what have you? Further to the point, you can't freakin' tell me that there hasn't been something in each of your lives that you always wanted but perhaps couldn't attain; be it for financial reasons, marital reasons, kids, and the like? I've seen folks with collectibles of all sorts of crap. Why? Because they held their interest. Are they to be looked down upon because they didn't have the real deal by those who did? According to some of you folks, yes they would. So a guy likes Harley crap, big freakin' deal. More power to him. Hell, we all do; in some form or fashion. Just because we happen to 'own' Harley's doesn't - in my view - give us license to basically judge everyone else out there who either doesn't or can't for whatever reasons. Harley is as American as apple pie; and it sure as hell ain't exclusive to solely riders any longer (be that good, bad, or indifferent). Merely my take.
Wow, I think Daddy just spanked ya'll!

Old 03-15-2007, 09:06 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Unamed

As the self proclaimed "Harley Fashion Police" I felt it was my duty to inform the members of this forum to this glaring insult to our way of life!

Seriously guys it is all in good fun, have a laugh and leave it at that, lol. I need to start having disclaimers on this stuff.

Just like its not any of my buisness what people wear, dont wear, wish they could wear, or used to wear, I reserve my right to be non politicaly correct and as offensive as i see fit. Thank you for your time.

Don't sweat it. Some get all bent out of shape and start screaming when you don't say things they they think you should say. If you aren't Pollyanna all the time they get pissed. They'll get over it.

As for your story I kinda feel sad for the guy. I don't think he was puttin' you on.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeez freakin' louise...can y'all be wrapped any tighter around the axel?!? The whole thread was started in jest and yea...if I saw some dude dressed head to toe looking like a hardcore biker without a ride, I'd laugh.

Like when we were doing a group ride, about 15 Harley's rolling down the street and a dude on a moped rides by and gives us the wave...I laughed and waved back.

Just cause ya laugh don't mean you you think ill of the guy...I'd laugh if he had a pink mohawk, was wearing a kilt and carrying a bagful of lemmings too. Wouldn't mean anything except I thought it was amusing.

Y'all need to lighten up a bit and laugh...good for what ails ya.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

Something about this story doesnt add up...

Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In would not have been able to hold it in. My drinkwould have been comming out my nose. I would have had a hard time not asking who dessed him or if his wife liked his uniform or somethin blatently idiodic just to keep it going. This is why I no longer drink alcohol. He musta looked as outta place as I would in a suit.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Pilzner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would have been surprised, but not judgemental. I've always liked Harley, but could only afford ricers. The only Harley product I bought was used saddlebags for my V-Star. When I was in Kuwait in 2003, there was a vendor selling these kick-*** Harley t-shirts with a map of Kuwait. I didn't buy one, because I felt wrong in HD gear without a HD scoot.

Last year as soon as I put my order in for the softail, I finally felt justified to sport Harley gear.

Quick Reply: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?