General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

ORIGINAL: petemac

II think people take some of these threads to seriously.
Perhaps. But by that same measure, I also think folks pay way too damn much attention to things which are pretty much none of their concern; i.e. how folks dress, etc.Hey, I can appreciate a funny tale with the best of 'em. But all this RUB **** grows tiresome rather quickly in my view. What are we, 9? Ride folks, Just ****in' ride!

Old 03-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete got it right, This tread is not intended to be any different than all of us getting together to laugh at this guy...

Old 03-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

ORIGINAL: petemac

II think people take some of these threads to seriously.
Perhaps. But by that same measure, I also think folks pay way too damn much attention to things which are pretty much none of their concern; i.e. how folks dress, etc.Hey, I can appreciate a funny tale with the best of 'em. But all this RUB **** grows tiresome rather quickly in my view. What are we, 9? Ride folks, Just ****in' ride!
Really It wasn't meant to be serious....I was a partial poser riding a Yamaha and still wearing my Harley shirts there for a while. But then I knew I'd get my Harley some day.

To each thier own...if you feel like that is a way you need to dress to be who you are then more power too ya!

Honestly though I would be dissing my brother big time if he was dressing like that and not buying the bike. (BTW - My brother does want a bike, really bad, but has chosen not to buy one because he has 3 kids and is the bread winner of the family. He does not dress like a biker though). It's all in fun.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

Was his name haksaw?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

Yes, I get it. Still the same, I stand by my initial post in that who really gives a rat's *** what anyone wears or doesn't wear, whether they have a bike or not, etc?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Maybe it's a Texas thing but I agree with TxHarleyGuy2007. Yeah we all laugh at others from time to time but it seems like so many on this forum are super critical of others that don't have a bike just like them, ride the same number of miles as them, dress like them, work at a like kind of job, etc. I'm starting to think I should keep my Evo and not get a new Harley just so I won't have to put up with everybody thinking I am a RUB. Hell, the wind blows the same for all of us. Oh yeah, I saw a guy in a bar wearing a CAT cap. I guess I should have laughed at him for drinking beer instead of diesel. Ride safe.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I'm definitely getting a kick out of this thread. But, more than likely, not for the same reasons as most of you. So the guy dresses from head to toe in HD gear? Who gives a ****? Why do you care? How does it impact you? Did you buy his threads? Do you pay his bills? I almost find such dissent somewhat ironic. I mean, we're all Harley enthusiasts here. Why in the world would we begrudge someone who - on whatever level - wanted to be part of that association? Be it through his dress with no bike or what have you? Further to the point, you can't freakin' tell me that there hasn't been something in each of your lives that you always wanted but perhaps couldn't attain; be it for financial reasons, marital reasons, kids, and the like? I've seen folks with collectibles of all sorts of crap. Why? Because they held their interest. Are they to be looked down upon because they didn't have the real deal by those who did? According to some of you folks, yes they would. So a guy likes Harley crap, big freakin' deal. More power to him. Hell, we all do; in some form or fashion. Just because we happen to 'own' Harley's doesn't - in my view - give us license to basically judge everyone else out there who either doesn't or can't for whatever reasons. Harley is as American as apple pie; and it sure as hell ain't exclusive to solely riders any longer (be that good, bad, or indifferent). Merely my take.
Well, I get a kick out of your reply. So a few internet forum bikers have a laugh over some non-biker all duded out in biker gear. And you take offense. Who cares if they find that odd or joke about it? It's no skin off your back.

BTW, if the dude also had the helmet and goggles, in addition to the other garb, would that be okay to post and ridicule even just a little?

Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Jambo
Banned

He's a dedicated, follower,of fashion!

[IMG]local://upfiles/25278/2BC951FC6DB545DC9F5CA28D12EF745F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Yup yup one of them Texas things...

.... just like "all hat no herd crowd".

Or it hit a nerve...real hard.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's a little cruel to call the guy a poser -- he was up front that he had no bike (or hope of getting one, apparently.) He just admires the Harley image, I guess. That's OK.

But it's also OK for people who wear the same outfit for practical reasons to find it a little amusing.

Quick Reply: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?